RV campground in Yuma and dental recommendations in Mexico advice needed

mr. cob

2 minutes ago, LindaH said:

It's not that bad in Algodones. 

You do, on occasion, see a military person or two with automatic weapons...our main experience with that was when we were in the Purple Store and they were apparently transferring money from the store to (the bank?).  I assumed the guys were there to protect the money as it made it's way out of the store.

We have seen beggars who appear to be indigenous people.  They sit on the ground, usually, and don't accost you.  We've never been bothered by them.  Sometimes, as you're waiting in line to return to the US, someone will walk by trying to sell something, but they're not pushy.

I do agree with those who say to go as early in the morning as possible and get out early.  The later in the day it becomes, the longer the lines to return to the US become.  Although in March it may not be as bad as it is earlier in the winter. 

Howdy LindaH,

Thanks for the additional information just being prepared for this will make it easier to deal with.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived