Are Lynx levelers a good solution?

GR "Scott" Cundiff

Our 39' motorhome is a single axle dually.  I've "inherited" a bunch of the orange Lynx leveling blocks.  Are they robust enough to use with the motorhome?  I understand the need to fully support the tires and to lift both tires when raising one side of the rear.  I'm just wondering if the orange levelers are okay with the weight.  Thanks. 

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Can't say about a motorhome but I use them alot on my 2 axel 5th wheel.  We boondock alot and use them alot as our chosen sites are rarely level.  I think 4/each wheel on one side is the most I have had to use til now, held up great.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

It's best to have a side kick who can stand beside you to tell you when to stop so you don't just drive right over the edge. They don't have a huge surface to support your tires without having overlap. But we used them when we had our Class C and they worked fine.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

They will work pretty well on solid surfaces but on soft ground, they tend to sink worse than a solid board. I also agree with Linda that because they are small it helps a lot to have a ground guide to help. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I was about to buy the Lynx system when I ran across the Hopkins leveling indicator and board system.  Got it, and LOVE it.  You see the level indicator in your side mirror, and it shows the number of boards needed to get level.  So you can find the most level spot as you back in, the know how many boards to put down to get it perfect.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768JBR2Y/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/Hopkins-Towing-Solutions-08200-Endurance/dp/B01M9993M9/ref=pd_bxgy_263_2/142-8505529-3238815?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01M9993M9&pd_rd_r=67e3ea50-3069-11e9-b749-21300a56b15d&pd_rd_w=DtYHJ&pd_rd_wg=n4jjR&pf_rd_p=6725dbd6-9917-451d-beba-16af7874e407&pf_rd_r=J0JR50RDZEPC6R3R7WBW&psc=1&refRID=J0JR50RDZEPC6R3R7WBW

Archived