Boondocking Etiquette

Al F

I watched it, everything covered is only common sense.  The pigs out there camping won't change from a video, just my 2 cents.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I tried watching the video with the sound turned off. I got as far as the guy finally including a subtitle for tip #1 then decided watching a talking head that long to get to a tip was not worth my time.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It burns me up to see the trash the slobs leave behind.  One place I fish is covered with trash, cans, bottle, bait boxes, old wads of fishing line, etc.  It does no good to pick it up as it is about in the same shape a week later.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

16 hours ago, sandsys said:

I tried watching the video with the sound turned off. I got as far as the guy finally including a subtitle for tip #1 then decided watching a talking head that long to get to a tip was not worth my time.

Linda

Yes, the guy gets a wordy at times.  

That is where grabbing the slider at the bottom of the video with your mouse and sliding it past what is not important to you comes in handy.  

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

19 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

I watched it, everything covered is only common sense.  The pigs out there camping won't change from a video, just my 2 cents.

Agreed, it won't change the pigs out there.  However I see lots of new topics in various forums started by folks asking about boondocking and about buying generators.  I feel bookmarking this video and adding it as a reply to newbies asking about boondocking may help provide some education to them.  Won't work with all, but may help some. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

He does an amazing job of packing 45 seconds worth of info into ten minutes.

We've switched from boat boondocking to RV, and they are very similar.  The "don't get too close" is at least measurable with boats because you don't want to tangle anchor lines (though some still manage to).  Last year we were in a place with spaces that were close and clearly meant to support one rig each, but they were 90% empty.  And STILL a rig parks in the one next to us, leaving half a dozen empty to their other side.  Then proceeds to complain about our grill smoke.

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

He does an amazing job of packing 45 seconds worth of info into ten minutes.

We've switched from boat boondocking to RV, and they are very similar.  The "don't get too close" is at least measurable with boats because you don't want to tangle anchor lines (though some still manage to).  Last year we were in a place with spaces that were close and clearly meant to support one rig each, but they were 90% empty.  And STILL a rig parks in the one next to us, leaving half a dozen empty to their other side.  Then proceeds to complain about our grill smoke.

Was he related to Murphy? anyone.gif

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived