Best Price on Honda EU2200i?

aztex

Howdy,

I think I could use one of these! I have a small jewelry shop in my Airstream and want to be able to stay at work while boon docking!

I've down sized most of my "machines" and need clean electricity as opposed to high wattage. Of course ability to run printer and laptop important. I doubt much will be run at once so convinced I'll be ok. AC another issue but I've lived in Tucson for 15 years and was fine in my AS with 85 degree nights. Not perfect but acceptable...

Seems most stores have them for ~$1000 But I have a maddening tendency to find deals AFTER I buy something so thought I'd check here first!

Thanks,

Az Tex

I think I paid $950 for mine on sale last year, plus taxes.  Don't recall ever seeing them for less.  Best price I see for them at the moment is $1009 on Amazon, u can usually find free shipping on there.  Saw the 2200i and companion 2200 with cable/covers for $2,2xx, good price for the pair IMHO.  Good luck finding any for less.  I operate my electronic items in our RV on one of these, no problems so far.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Nice find, did not think to look at e-bay.

Edited by NDBirdman

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I saw those Ebay offerings but I'm "on the road" and not sure where I'll be day to day.

Amazon can ship fast to RV park I'm at but now that they charge tax a local in Tucson may be a better option. If a large chain I could get return privileges above warranty if it goes out in a certain time frame.

There's a local Sportsmans Warehouse that stocks them but can't think of any other brick and mortar stores that may.

Do Honda motorcycle dealers sell them?

Thanks,

Az Tex

To locate Honda dealers for their generators, just go to the Honda dealer locator website and put in your zip code and it will display a map of locations. You should still contact the dealer before you go in if you want to be sure that he will have the generator you seek as Honda makes more than 20 different generator models and most stores will not have all of them in stock. 

I have seen them in Northern Tool, Home Depot, and Atwood's Farm & Ranch.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

34 minutes ago, aztex said:

Would you buy used?

Yes, in fact, that is exactly what I did.  I own a Honda 2000i, the predecessor to the current 2200i. I got it from a neighbor who didn't use it and it had very few hours on it. I may sell it to someone else before too much longer since I have only used it once in the two years that I have owned it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

30 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Yes, in fact, that is exactly what I did.  I own a Honda 2000i, the predecessor to the current 2200i. I got it from a neighbor who didn't use it and it had very few hours on it. I may sell it to someone else before too much longer since I have only used it once in the two years that I have owned it. 

Aren't generators like insurance.  You need it, but never (usually) know when and where you do, you're glad to have it.  I have a generator and we never take the RV out without it.  You can never be sure when the time will come, and in my situation, it could be life-saving.

15 hours ago, aztex said:

I saw those Ebay offerings but I'm "on the road" and not sure where I'll be day to day.

Amazon can ship fast to RV park I'm at but now that they charge tax a local in Tucson may be a better option. If a large chain I could get return privileges above warranty if it goes out in a certain time frame.

There's a local Sportsmans Warehouse that stocks them but can't think of any other brick and mortar stores that may.

Thanks,

Az Tex

Amazon(app) offers pickup services, you tell them where you want to pickup your merchandise, they ship it to the center you choose, you pickup when you choose.

As to finding the lowest price, download software that tracks the item you want and notifies you when the price drops, or the lowest price on the internet.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

7 hours ago, aztex said:

Would you buy used?

I assume despite many moving parts if they work they work. Like any power tool abuse should/could be indicated by cosmetics.

Thanks,

Az Tex

For used, I would check Craigslist and even pawn shops.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 2/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, aztex said:

The "powersports" dealers here do.  Those are the ones that sell side by sides and other stuff besides bikes.  But they all sell at retail as far as I've seen.

I used to own a Honda generator and had found the best price here:  http://apdpowercenter.com/gen_honda.html

Thanks!

After shopping I just went with Campingworld for $1009. A used from a friend or known usage would have been an option but the couple I checked on CL needed work.

Day after buying a recall notice hit but luckily mine not part of the recall!

Az Tex

Recall linky

"The recall includes two models of generators, the Honda EB2800i and the Honda EG2800i."

I had to go check after you said that, had not heard it.  It does not cover the 2200i so we lucked out.

recall.thumb.jpg.b58786bf37c173bb205bc97a5e7512f1.jpg

22 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Recall linky

"The recall includes two models of generators, the Honda EB2800i and the Honda EG2800i."

I had to go check after you said that, had not heard it.  It does not cover the 2200i so we lucked out.

For some reason it's not listed on Honda but was on the Honda display and they halted sales at CW Tucson.

Here's a photo. Sorry I was only trying to get serial numbers to check mine but the important parts should be readable.

Edited by aztex

Well poop.  My serial number is included.  Guess I better find out what I need to do to get it fixed.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Well poop.  My serial number is included.  Guess I better find out what I need to do to get it fixed.  Thanks!

Bummer!

Sorry man! Sounds like a super easy fix; probably send you a dap of Loctite!

Odd it's not listed on Honda........yet...

Az Tex

I plan on looking at it before I use it again.  Should be an easy for for me, we have the tools and technology.  🙂  I have a lot of locktite.

I've been the buy brand new route before.  Paid about $1800 - $2000 for a matched set of Honda 2000I with the adapter to run off both.  That was in about 2009.  Sold them off when I sold the last TT in 2014before we moved to Colorado.  We were going to move up to a Class A Gas MH with a built in generator.

In May 2015 we bought said MH, 3 years and 14,000 miles later we sold it and moved up to a Diesel truckand a new 5th wheel trailer.  So craigslist shopping I went again.  This time bought two used Honda 2000igenerators for (1) $750 and (2) for $650.  Changed the oil/spark plug and filter on each and away we go.

Mine do not get a ton of use, but it is nice for the few times a year we dry camp.

Edited by Phil Saran

Phil & Alberta Saran

2019 Keystone Cougar 30RLS

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 diesel

Colorado

17 hours ago, Phil Saran said:

I've been the buy brand new route before.  Paid about $1800 - $2000 for a matched set of Honda 2000I with the adapter to run off both.  That was in about 2009.  Sold them off when I sold the last TT in 2014before we moved to Colorado.  We were going to move up to a Class A Gas MH with a built in generator.

In May 2015 we bought said MH, 3 years and 14,000 miles later we sold it and moved up to a Diesel truckand a new 5th wheel trailer.  So craigslist shopping I went again.  This time bought two used Honda 2000igenerators for (1) $750 and (2) for $650.  Changed the oil/spark plug and filter on each and away we go.

Mine do not get a ton of use, but it is nice for the few times a year we dry camp.

I kinda like the peace of mind of new...although IME many "new" products are flawed and they don't make 'em like they used to!

I've been on the edge of a couple disasters in my time and while it's nice to power the coach it's even better to have one when really needed.

Thanks,

Az Tex 

Has anyone ever tried these Green-Power America inverter 3500 watt gensets? Seems a good price but only a 60 day warranty?

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA08C78T9742

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

They have a two year warranty.  I glanced at them briefly while shopping recently, but bought what I think is a better value.  These are heavy compared to others with more power, and are slightly louder than many others.  Some reviews said it actually couldn't put out the rated power.

• 9 months later...