Best Cell Booster

MNRon

1 hour ago, FL-JOE said:

Docj, not sure which one you are using.  When you do a search for "sleek" cell phone booster you get a ton of stuff.  We are in our winter spot in SW Florida and for some reason this year our Verizon signal stays between 1 and 2 bars.  Our MiFi works okay but now I'm considering boosting it as we leave Florida and begin our 2019 travels.

Can you post a link of what you have?

This is what I am using: WeBoost Sleek

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 1 year later...

WeBoost here also(RV65).....I generally just use it with a mounted omni directional antenna. Have not had the need to raise it up on the mast so far. Maybe when we get to doing some more traveling after Covid!

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

• 8 months later...

Since my posts in this thread back in 2019, I've dropped using the Max Amp system in favor of a directional dual Yagi MIMO setup for our hotspots that has worked well even in some areas where the Max Amp was weak.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, docj said:

I hate to say it, but I had a MaximumSignal amplifier and finally gave up fooling with it.   When it worked, it worked well, but it was very sensitive to feedback and going into oscillation no matter how I tried positioning the antennas.  

After I thought about it for a while I realized that I really had no need for an "amplified space" in my MH.  Most of the time I use the booster just to amplify the cellular signal going to my Jetpack.  If that's all you're doing, then you can do something simple (and cheap) like putting the Jetpack on the cradle of a WeBoost Sleek.  If the Jetpack is on the cradle then you can access it from anywhere in your RV; no need for a "zone of amplification."

This summer we used the Sleek in some areas with pretty weak Verizon signals.  Although it doesn't have as much gain as its more expensive siblings, the Sleek worked well for us at half the price of the larger WeBoost systems. The one time I needed amplification to make a voice call, I just placed the phone on the Sleek (on top of the Jetpack) and used the phone in speakerphone mode for the call.

Or you can set your phone to talk over wifi. Like my phone is Verizon and my hot spot is AT&T. I have been at places where there is my phone had no signal, but I could use it over my hot spot. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

17 hours ago, rynosback said:

Or you can set your phone to talk over wifi. Like my phone is Verizon and my hot spot is AT&T. I have been at places where there is my phone had no signal, but I could use it over my hot spot. 

We've even used voice over WiFi with our Verizon phones connected to our Verizon hotspot. With our roof mounted aimable dual Yagi MiMo antenna set, the our hotspots often get solid service in places the phones get little or no service on their own. With both AT&T and Verizon hotspots, one or the other has always worked well for us every where we've been.  This winter we'll be at Midway Campground on the Tamiami Trail in Florida. The nearest AT&T tower is eleven miles away, and the Verizon tower is 8 miles away. It'll be interesting to see how our signals are there with the MiMo antennas.

Dutch

On 11/7/2021 at 6:13 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

We've even used voice over WiFi with our Verizon phones connected to our Verizon hotspot. With our roof mounted aimable dual Yagi MiMo antenna set, the our hotspots often get solid service in places the phones get little or no service on their own. With both AT&T and Verizon hotspots, one or the other has always worked well for us every where we've been.  This winter we'll be at Midway Campground on the Tamiami Trail in Florida. The nearest AT&T tower is eleven miles away, and the Verizon tower is 8 miles away. It'll be interesting to see how our signals are there with the MiMo antennas.

How does a Mimo antenna compare to like a Wee Boost? I do realize it will vary by location, but in general? 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

7 hours ago, rynosback said:

How does a Mimo antenna compare to like a Wee Boost? I do realize it will vary by location, but in general? 

So far, our aimable MIMO set has equaled or outperformed our Maximum Signal Max Amp booster every place we've tested both. In the worst places, our Max Amp had previously bettered the WeBoost Drive we tested against. We also have a smaller omni-directional MIMO set on the roof that also improves the signals, although nowhere near as well not surprisingly. Still, for the $18 it cost, it's worth it when we use it for the hotspot that's not connected to the aimable Yagi set.

Dutch