VIN specific parts #s

SuiteSuccess

My truck is a 2006 Volvo 780 with Volvo D12D motor.  When I call my local dealer to find parts they will tell me they have them in stock but are reluctant to give out the part number so I can compare online prices.  Is there a source where I can get updated parts numbers for my specific truck VIN?   The parts I need are cab air bags (2), cab shocks (2), cab leveling valve, and radiator coolant expansion tank.  Might need some new hoses but have to get over to truck and inspect them first.  I must say my dealer has been competitive on some parts in the past but not all.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

These are part numbers I have used for a 2005 780. YMMV

Cab level valve older Volvo # 20724370

Newer Volvo #’s (20470002) / 85104648

Generic # Hadley H0060024 

Cab level valve control rod 20462337 

Cab air bag(s) generic #GYR1S6058

Volvo #’s  21165209/20462624/8078390

Cab air bag spacer plate 8082346

Do you have 4 shocks or 2 shocks with a torsion spring and rod?

I also seem to remember  Mr. ET  using the same cab leveling valve for his creations.

Don't know about the expansion tank ... I have a “red” motor. You might get the part number off of the tank.  

Here is a Volvo # Expansion Tank- 20519037 check and see if this is the type you have. 

DesertMiner,

Thank you.  Where did you get those numbers?  Two shocks.  BTW found the expansion tank.

ZAMGizml.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

qM0IEKZl.jpg

Drivers side.  Second shock to right of bag not very visible.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I’ve replaced all of the parts on my truck. I try to keep good records of everything I’ve “touched” on my truck. I have the “4 shock” setup on the cab. The shock numbers I have won’t help much..

If I need to go to the parts department at my local dealership I show up Sunday morning when it’s a bit slow.. with donuts!

21 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Class 8 parts have been really good to work with to find part numbers.  I've called for several items knowing I wasn't going to purchase from them, and they've always been helpful.

https://class8truckparts.com/

Yeah, Jim but I kind of feel bad taking up their time without planning on buying anything.  You would just think something would be available online that would give the same info that the parts guys can access.  Even if it was subscription multiple folks could share the cost and one person act as the “caretaker”.  

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Talked to my dealer parts dept again.   They asked if I had purchased from them before and when I replied yes they were more "accomodating".  Actually gave me the parts numbers and the prices which were very comparable to what I could get online.  Only thing which was excessively expensive was a replacement coolant expansion tank which I can get online for $129 while dealer wants $229.  OOT for a few days then will load up on parts when I get back.  Total price for two air bags, new push to connects, lock washers, shocks, leveling valve, replacement bag plates,10 gals of coolant, tank is gonna be just shy of $400 so I'm feeling pretty good.  Now to order my Donvel valves for the cab.

DesertMiner,

Turns out my numbers are different than yours so will be happy to share if you want but sounds like you won't be repeating the work anytime soon.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

53 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Turns out my numbers are different than yours so will be happy to share if you want but sounds like you won't be repeating the work anytime soon.

Please share....Volvo part numbers are superseded quite often. New part numbers for the "same" item Happen all the time.  The numbers I have may just be the "older" numbers.

In you pix of your cab air bags it looked like you didn't have the "large spacers' at the top of the bag...it looks like you picked up some. Are they are required for you VIN?

2 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

Please share....Volvo part numbers are superseded quite often. New part numbers for the "same" item Happen all the time.  The numbers I have may just be the "older" numbers.

In you pix of your cab air bags it looked like you didn't have the "large spacers' at the top of the bag...it looks like you picked up some. Are they are required for you VIN?

I do have the plates at the top, just hard to see.

cab air bags. 21165209 ( a # you had)

shocks. 22662224

plates 8082246

leveling valve 23270961

lock washer 8076265 

coolant expansion tank 20519037/ my old is 20519039 (37 you found)

Again thanks for all the help.

whkat8nl.jpg

Looked at my bolts and they don’t look too rusty.  Will soak anyway but may not be a horrible job.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi SuiteSuccess, we have the same year Volvo trucks, are your bags leaking or do they show signs of cracking?  Same for the shocks are they leaking?  Kind of wondering when to change mine out with 280,000, no major leaks.

Dennis

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

1 hour ago, Cotreker said:

Hi SuiteSuccess, we have the same year Volvo trucks, are your bags leaking or do they show signs of cracking?  Same for the shocks are they leaking?  Kind of wondering when to change mine out with 280,000, no major leaks.

Dennis

My bags are just showing cracks, no leaks yet.  Shocks not leaking.  Bags definitely need changing and to get to them I’m going to have to move my drom (it’s not as large as most and only held with four bolts.). Figured while I was there would just change everything to new since the cost was only about $150 more.  That way should be good until I retire this truck.  BTW I’m going to add the Donvel valves to see if that helps the cab sway also.  On your truck mileage is not the issue.  It’s time and location.  If those miles were over 2 years in the southeast where some moisture but moderate temps, little or no road salt, then your bags should be fine.  However if your truck had those miles over 10 years and summered in Arizona but ran in the winter to Colorado then they may be worn out.  Those are extremes, I’ll admit but you’ll just have to look at them.  My bags are almost 10 years old.  I think of them like tires, they’ll age out before we will wear them out.  If yours are 10-12 years I’d be watching them for cracking.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl,

You might call your dealer and give them a shot at bidding on the entire package.  They might surprise you, and you might earn a friend behind the parts counter.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Carl,

You might call your dealer and give them a shot at bidding on the entire package.  They might surprise you, and you might earn a friend behind the parts counter.

Already have Rick.  They are competitive.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Sorry but I don't feel your pain. I have the chassis  bill of materials book that came with my truck "specific to my truck" You can look up every part number thats not engine-trans related. Every wire is also taged at each end. Did I mention its a 1984 Peterbilt 359 Still had couple 25 yr. old air bags with close to a million michigan miles when I got it. The newer cheaper ones don't say Peterbilt on them. That book is Priceless. Good Luck

1 hour ago, beemergary said:

Sorry but I don't feel your pain. I have the chassis  bill of materials book that came with my truck "specific to my truck" You can look up every part number thats not engine-trans related. Every wire is also taged at each end. Did I mention its a 1984 Peterbilt 359 Still had couple 25 yr. old air bags with close to a million michigan miles when I got it. The newer cheaper ones don't say Peterbilt on them. That book is Priceless. Good Luck

I was wishing there was a Volvo App or web site that would do the same.  In other words drag down 2006 Volvo,  VNL 780, D12 engine etc. with filters so that you could just get a part # but I guess that would be too convenient.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived