big plans continue

virginiasean

Hello to those of you who remember me ......

our plans for our big USA road trip continue and my file is getting thicker and thicker of things we have booked and places we plan to see......

one part of our itinerary sees us traveling from Navarre in Florida to the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee . Our trip panner programme takes us on routes 65,59 and 40 passing nearby/through Montgomery, Birmingham and Chattanooga. Estimated time travel is 11 hours so we need a stop a night about half way.....my question is as I do not know this area does anyone know this route and could suggest a nice place/town for a stopover?

thanks in advance and hope you can help

Virginia

If you are going to the Pigeon Forge area then that run would be around 550 miles I'm guessing.  Chattanooga would be a good area to search for a CG.  

There is a Walmart just off the interstate (Cummings Way is the road) that I have saved as a favorite in my RVParky app.  We have never used it but it got such good reviews I saved it for future reference.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

It is good to have a plan and I recommend it. Having said that we rarely had a travel plan other than   we are going west or we are going to the NE States. We sort of made it up as we went along  and it always changed .Having a plan means sticking to it and that is not a bad thing. Been doing that since 2006 and always made do. It is part of the Rv adventure that you learn as you go along..

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

20 hours ago, richfaa said:

It is good to have a plan and I recommend it. Having said that we rarely had a travel plan other than   we are going west or we are going to the NE States. We sort of made it up as we went along  and it always changed .Having a plan means sticking to it and that is not a bad thing. Been doing that since 2006 and always made do. It is part of the Rv adventure that you learn as you go along..

thanks for that and yes we have "planned" to not plan on certain legs of our journey such as the 16 days days we spend doing Route 66 However this particular leg of our journey is nowhere I have ever heard of and I wanted a few pointers so we don't stop in a dodgy area and waste precious time as we only have 7 weeks and we want to make the very best of it thanks again 

4 hours ago, virginiasean said:

thanks for that and yes we have "planned" to not plan on certain legs of our journey such as the 16 days days we spend doing Route 66 However this particular leg of our journey is nowhere I have ever heard of and I wanted a few pointers so we don't stop in a dodgy area and waste precious time as we only have 7 weeks and we want to make the very best of it thanks again 

Understand note that we had no time restraints and had  unlimited time  to do whatever we wanted to do. We traveled Rt 66 as far as we could and it i.s a good trip.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

In case you are interested, my blog starts a few days into our trip down Historic Route 66 but we traveled slower than you plan to do. (The first part of our trip was on a blog that disappeared.)

https://sandcastle.sandsys.org/2008/10/day-7-route-66/

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived