Sign in to follow this  
Big5er

Totally off topic - What a great month!

January was a great month for HDT friends. First Roger (Hewhoknowslittle) stopped by and hung out for a few days as he passed through town. Then Paul and Paula (adept99) dropped by and visited for a bit. I was sad that I didn't get to see Daisy. And then I got to meet Rick and Susan (rickeieio) over dinner. 

What fabulous people and what a great month!!

Edited by Big5er

So I spun ya a bit of story of camping in the Kalifornia desert and using the pitchfork for more than Dolly-exhaust .....AND.......I did NOT stop by to leach a meal (or Dr. Pepper) from you......SO........INDEED you have likely had a even BETTER month than you knew and you did NOT see my sorry backside........

Mr Cob(b) limped-in-to-Last Chance Peak Dolly Camp a few days ago...........now he has that THOUSAND YARD STARE look and will likely look like a whole new man after .......escaping Last Chance Peak Dolly Camp..........Whole new meaning to the word .......Escapeeeeeeeee.....

Drive on.........(sometimes what you miss........makes you smile)

Indeed.  I really like putting faces to the names.  Swapping lies over a good meal just adds to the experience.

For those who haven't met Phil, aka Big5er, he's really a nice guy, nice enough to buy our supper.  He might even give LEOs a good name if he's not careful.

We also ran into another forum member in Florida, who's name escapes me at the moment, an had supper with Sue and Bob Guthrie (Hither and Yo) a few days ago.

Paul and Paula will be staying just a few miles from where we now sit, near San Antonio,  Spindrift is coming bye in a couple weeks, and the Dixons may still be in the neighborhood.

Oh, and we pulled into Lost Resort RV here and there's a gold Volvo across the way......

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Indeed.  I really like putting faces to the names.  Swapping lies over a good meal just adds to the experience.

For those who haven't met Phil, aka Big5er, he's really a nice guy, nice enough to buy our supper.  He might even give LEOs a good name if he's not careful.

We also ran into another forum member in Florida, who's name escapes me at the moment, an had supper with Sue and Bob Guthrie (Hither and Yo) a few days ago.

Paul and Paula will be staying just a few miles from where we now sit, near San Antonio,  Spindrift is coming bye in a couple weeks, and the Dixons may still be in the neighborhood.

Oh, and we pulled into Lost Resort RV here and there's a gold Volvo across the way......

Dang Rick.  You’re just becoming a social animal.  Don’t be too quick to hang that really nice on Phil though.  He’s got a reputation to maintain you know😜

37 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Dang Rick.  You’re just becoming a social animal.  Don’t be too quick to hang that really nice on Phil though.  He’s got a reputation to maintain you know😜

True enough.  He didn't down nearly as much Dr. Pepper as expected.........

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Anyone else notice that Phil's disposition is getting "sunnier", as the little dog countdown works closer to zero?

I had the same thought. ;)

I wish my count down was as close as Phil’s.

Hey Phil,

If your count down holds true this time around, you will be retired for the WCR.  Any chance of you heading out our way to stop in.  You could make a lot more new friends.  😎

Well said Phil, always nice to be able to meet folks with similar likes and put faces to names, hope some day I have the pleasure of meeting you as well.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

Anyone else notice that Phil's disposition is getting "sunnier", as the little dog countdown works closer to zero?

Darryl, I am just getting better at ignoring certain people :)
 It's like that t-shirt I have that says "I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-stupid"

On 1/30/2019 at 11:37 PM, Chad Heiser said:

Hey Phil,

If your count down holds true this time around, you will be retired for the WCR.  Any chance of you heading out our way to stop in.  You could make a lot more new friends.  😎

I'm giving it a lot of thought Chad

On 1/31/2019 at 6:31 AM, dblr said:

Well said Phil, always nice to be able to meet folks with similar likes and put faces to names, hope some day I have the pleasure of meeting you as well.

Sounds great dblr, I'll buy the Dr. Pepper :) 

On 1/30/2019 at 7:56 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

He’s got a reputation to maintain you know

Carl, I don't think one compliment will damage my reputation much. It's kinda set in stone already :) 

I don't think I ever met a dog that didn't like me, Brad but that's part of the problem. I have never met a dog I didn't like either. I just can't make those same comments about people. 

PS, your dogs are great. I'm sorry I didnt get to say hi to Charm when she was in town. 

So, who's up for an impromptu gathering in Texas, around the end of Feb? I can make most of Texas in a days driving, and would love to be standing outside of LEO headquarters, holdiing a "Welcome to Retirement" cake.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

So, who's up for an impromptu gathering in Texas, around the end of Feb? I can make most of Texas in a days driving, and would love to be standing outside of LEO headquarters, holdiing a "Welcome to Retirement" cake.

You need to YouTube it cause everyone knows anything on the internet is the truth.  That way we can be sure he really did it.

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

I don't think I ever met a dog that didn't like me, Brad but that's part of the problem. I have never met a dog I didn't like either. I just can't make those same comments about people. 

PS, your dogs are great. I'm sorry I didnt get to say hi to Charm when she was in town. 

That just shows how forgiving and devoted to mankind dogs are. Just saying.....  😎

1 hour ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

That just shows how forgiving and devoted to mankind dogs are. Just saying.....  😎

I agree completely Dave. They are honest to a fault too. No deceit in their nature. You'll never see a two faced dog.