Totally off topic - What a great month!

Big5er

January was a great month for HDT friends. First Roger (Hewhoknowslittle) stopped by and hung out for a few days as he passed through town. Then Paul and Paula (adept99) dropped by and visited for a bit. I was sad that I didn't get to see Daisy. And then I got to meet Rick and Susan (rickeieio) over dinner. 

What fabulous people and what a great month!!

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

So I spun ya a bit of story of camping in the Kalifornia desert and using the pitchfork for more than Dolly-exhaust .....AND.......I did NOT stop by to leach a meal (or Dr. Pepper) from you......SO........INDEED you have likely had a even BETTER month than you knew and you did NOT see my sorry backside........

Mr Cob(b) limped-in-to-Last Chance Peak Dolly Camp a few days ago...........now he has that THOUSAND YARD STARE look and will likely look like a whole new man after .......escaping Last Chance Peak Dolly Camp..........Whole new meaning to the word .......Escapeeeeeeeee.....

Drive on.........(sometimes what you miss........makes you smile)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Indeed.  I really like putting faces to the names.  Swapping lies over a good meal just adds to the experience.

For those who haven't met Phil, aka Big5er, he's really a nice guy, nice enough to buy our supper.  He might even give LEOs a good name if he's not careful.

We also ran into another forum member in Florida, who's name escapes me at the moment, an had supper with Sue and Bob Guthrie (Hither and Yo) a few days ago.

Paul and Paula will be staying just a few miles from where we now sit, near San Antonio,  Spindrift is coming bye in a couple weeks, and the Dixons may still be in the neighborhood.

Oh, and we pulled into Lost Resort RV here and there's a gold Volvo across the way......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Indeed.  I really like putting faces to the names.  Swapping lies over a good meal just adds to the experience.

For those who haven't met Phil, aka Big5er, he's really a nice guy, nice enough to buy our supper.  He might even give LEOs a good name if he's not careful.

We also ran into another forum member in Florida, who's name escapes me at the moment, an had supper with Sue and Bob Guthrie (Hither and Yo) a few days ago.

Paul and Paula will be staying just a few miles from where we now sit, near San Antonio,  Spindrift is coming bye in a couple weeks, and the Dixons may still be in the neighborhood.

Oh, and we pulled into Lost Resort RV here and there's a gold Volvo across the way......

Dang Rick.  You’re just becoming a social animal.  Don’t be too quick to hang that really nice on Phil though.  He’s got a reputation to maintain you know😜

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

37 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Dang Rick.  You’re just becoming a social animal.  Don’t be too quick to hang that really nice on Phil though.  He’s got a reputation to maintain you know😜

True enough.  He didn't down nearly as much Dr. Pepper as expected.........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Anyone else notice that Phil's disposition is getting "sunnier", as the little dog countdown works closer to zero?

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Anyone else notice that Phil's disposition is getting "sunnier", as the little dog countdown works closer to zero?

I had the same thought. ;)

I wish my count down was as close as Phil’s.

Hey Phil,

If your count down holds true this time around, you will be retired for the WCR.  Any chance of you heading out our way to stop in.  You could make a lot more new friends.  😎

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Well said Phil, always nice to be able to meet folks with similar likes and put faces to names, hope some day I have the pleasure of meeting you as well.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

On 1/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

Darryl, I am just getting better at ignoring certain people :)
 It's like that t-shirt I have that says "I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-stupid"

On 1/30/2019 at 11:37 PM, Chad Heiser said:

Hey Phil,

If your count down holds true this time around, you will be retired for the WCR.  Any chance of you heading out our way to stop in.  You could make a lot more new friends.  😎

I'm giving it a lot of thought Chad

On 1/31/2019 at 6:31 AM, dblr said:

Well said Phil, always nice to be able to meet folks with similar likes and put faces to names, hope some day I have the pleasure of meeting you as well.

Sounds great dblr, I'll buy the Dr. Pepper :) 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 1/30/2019 at 7:56 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

He’s got a reputation to maintain you know

Carl, I don't think one compliment will damage my reputation much. It's kinda set in stone already :) 

2014 smart Fortwo

Our dogs like him and they are pretty good judges of character. Or is that judge of characters?

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I don't think I ever met a dog that didn't like me, Brad but that's part of the problem. I have never met a dog I didn't like either. I just can't make those same comments about people. 

PS, your dogs are great. I'm sorry I didnt get to say hi to Charm when she was in town. 

2014 smart Fortwo

So, who's up for an impromptu gathering in Texas, around the end of Feb? I can make most of Texas in a days driving, and would love to be standing outside of LEO headquarters, holdiing a "Welcome to Retirement" cake.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

What's the duration cut-off for "impromptu" - Oh, wait, this is that silly short month. That should work.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

So, who's up for an impromptu gathering in Texas, around the end of Feb? I can make most of Texas in a days driving, and would love to be standing outside of LEO headquarters, holdiing a "Welcome to Retirement" cake.

You need to YouTube it cause everyone knows anything on the internet is the truth.  That way we can be sure he really did it.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

I don't think I ever met a dog that didn't like me, Brad but that's part of the problem. I have never met a dog I didn't like either. I just can't make those same comments about people. 

PS, your dogs are great. I'm sorry I didnt get to say hi to Charm when she was in town. 

That just shows how forgiving and devoted to mankind dogs are. Just saying.....  😎

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

1 hour ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

That just shows how forgiving and devoted to mankind dogs are. Just saying.....  😎

I agree completely Dave. They are honest to a fault too. No deceit in their nature. You'll never see a two faced dog. 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess the gathering in front of Police headquarter never happened, or my invitation got lost in the mail. How's the first week treated you, Phil?

Please e-mail us here.

Darryl, the papers are in and the final date is April 26. The cost of an invitation still stands at a case of Dr. Pepper :)

2014 smart Fortwo

Doh! We'll be heading north around the first of the month, so south is out. Did the little countdown dog give up in frustration?

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Darryl, the papers are in and the final date is April 26. The cost of an invitation still stands at a case of Dr. Pepper :)

I will tell BOTH of my sons to celebrate you last day on their birthday ( April 26th and they are not twins ) congrats and thank you for service in law enforcement.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

3 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Doh! We'll be heading north around the first of the month, so south is out. Did the little countdown dog give up in frustration?

The little doggie was running in circles, figured he could use a break :)

2 hours ago, dblr said:

I will tell BOTH of my sons to celebrate you last day on their birthday ( April 26th and they are not twins ) congrats and thank you for service in law enforcement.

Thanks dblr. I'll throw one (Dr. Pepper) back for them on their birthday. I'll pass on the obvious joke about you only doing "it" on the same day every year. 

2014 smart Fortwo

3 hours ago, Big5er said:

Thanks dblr. I'll throw one (Dr. Pepper) back for them on their birthday. I'll pass on the obvious joke about you only doing "it" on the same day every year. 

That's ok my wife won't let me near her the whole month of August, and that's her birthday month, she said she wanted diamonds so I gave her two sons that have diamonds for their birthstones, close enough  💎

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived