2000 Itasca Suncruser

Can some one give me ideas as to what to look for on my F53 Chassis. The passenger side rear hangs down 1 or 2 inches lower than the right side. I don't see anything obvious, can it be the shocks?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

You are probably getting the normal tail sag that happens with most gas chassis motorhomes in time. It happens because we run the suspension at near the max gvwr all of the time. On our 1999 F53 it began to be noticeable at about 10 years and you are getting almost to 20 so have done well. If you have never had the individual wheel weights done, I'd bet you are heavier on the low side then the other but probably both rear springs are starting to sag. What I suggest is rear airbags as that will correct it and in my case, it actually improved ride and handling as well. Most any RV shop will have them and they can be installed by the owner, but I chose not to. I also suggest getting some that have a tube from each one to a central location for adding air as it will make if far less difficult to check pressures and adjust them. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thank you Mr. Kirk, I think you hit the nail on the head. I have set back and noticed not only some bad designing of my rig but also bad management of our "Stuff". Maybe I can effect some change with adjusting our load.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

1 hour ago, homelesshartshorns said:

Maybe I can effect some change with adjusting our load.

I suspect you could. I learned that one by experience. Experience comes from doing things wrong.  😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived