Vegas Teacher

12 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Take this with a grain of salt, as it's coming from a conservative olde pharte...........

Do the maintenance items you have listed, and don't spend cash on lipstick for the truck.  You have a nice looking unit, leave it at that.   Instead, put those $$ away to use on a high quality used 5th.  Take your time and get as close as possible to paying cash as you can.  I know, paying cash is not the American Way, but it will serve you well in the future.

Nomex undies on.......😁

I agree completely, I hate taking out loans. When I bought the 780 I paid cash. I saved 1200.00 for a couple of years, not fun but I had the goal, and accomplished it. 

I just wish I could say the same for my houses.

You are so right though.

5 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Listen to Rick. 4wheelparts.com lights won't do you any good with worn steering or suspension. The cabinet can be built as time allows, learn how to do some wiring before the Jack-a-lope install. You may decide to do it yourself, but at least you'll know what's going on while it's being installed, if you hire it out. The most knowledgeable installer will still scratch his head, installing something new to him. Be ready to give them information, and reap the rewards.

You are correct, you remind me of the old saying about "Lipstick and a Pig" so the big things are much more important like the steering. It just does not feel right when I turn the wheel. I don't think your wheel should feel like gears are grinding when it is being turned, plus my truck pulls the right all of the time. I don't think that should happen either. I want to get a 3 axel alignment when I get the new drives. What is nice is my Uncle retired from Firestone, has been retired for about 15 years, got board, the D.W. retired just recently and now he is going back to work, a little to much time together I guess. Anyway if I drive back to Kansas this summer he said he could get me a deal on Firestone Tires instead of me going with a cheaper off brand.......

Later,

Cory O

1 hour ago, Vegas Teacher said:

he said he could get me a deal on Firestone Tires instead of me going with a cheaper off brand.......

Second layer of Nomex undies might be needed.....

Firestone IS a cheaper brand.  Bridgestone is the parent company, and has the first line tires.  There are several brands comparable to Firestone, many at good prices.  

And at the risk of needing yet a third layer of Nomex, I'll suggest you investigate Sailun tires.  I have them on the drives of my work semi, (six years now) and on the 5er.  I've heard nothing but good about them, and less $$ than Firestone.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Second layer of Nomex undies might be needed.....

Firestone IS a cheaper brand.  Bridgestone is the parent company, and has the first line tires.  There are several brands comparable to Firestone, many at good prices.  

And at the risk of needing yet a third layer of Nomex, I'll suggest you investigate Sailun tires.  I have them on the drives of my work semi, (six years now) and on the 5er.  I've heard nothing but good about them, and less $$ than Firestone.

Thanks a million!

Archived