Hitch issue?

runaway parents

Well here is the problem pin box on trailer is 4 inches to high it has extra holes for lowering it . It is in the bottom holes now , need to go down another 4 inches cant raise the fifth wheel because it would be to far above bed deck car axle would hang up on it while loading it. What do I do?  Thinking of taking some 1/2 inch plate and make some side plate extensions for the pin box and drop it down 4 inches will this work ?

It would be a pretty easy project for your local fab shop to make a new pin-box to fit your needs.

I've been seriously looking into doing this to make a vertical one to give a little more pin-weight.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

7 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

It would be a pretty easy project for your local fab shop to make a new pin-box to fit your needs.

I've been seriously looking into doing this to make a vertical one to give a little more pin-weight.

I have a vertical one in the garage, waiting for it to warm up to install mine.

Chris  :ph34r:.

Sandpiper 379 FLOK, Volvo 2012 730.

20180525_081811_resizednumber1.jpg

Just extend the pinbox. Any competent welding shop can do it. My hitch was set at gooseneck ball height. When I was in Canada last summer, Gregg had his welding shop fix it for me. We added too much (bunch of back and forth on the measurements, air bag deflection, etc., So I had two inches removed by a buddy this summer and I still think one more inch off will be perfect. I can't find any pics right now, so I'll grab one later and upload. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Archived