STRANGE...Roku vs Firestick vs Ipad Streaming??

I'm on the road for three months. Currently at an RV park north of Deming NM. The past years there was zero service on all three hotspots I carry....Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile even with WE boost and 16' yagi antenna.

This year, with a WeBoost and standard Mag mount antenna, AT&T is able to connect and I can stream DirecTV NOW using a ROKU......At Times.

Using a ROKU, it works great except for both drive times.....6AM to 9AM and 4PM to 7PM....At these times it buffers constantly and is basically unwatchable....Seems the single cell site I have access to must overload. I'm out in the middle of nowhere...

BUT...during these times, if I use my Ipad Mini2 , it works perfectly.....not once does it buffer. Perfect performance. (I can use the APPLE HDMI adapter to send the signal to the TV)

Why would the ipad, connected to the same hotspot (Unite Explore) work so much better than the ROKU or the FIRESTICK? All are set to 720p resolution. 

I don't get it!

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

btw..when it goes into buffering or simply lose the streaming channel, i'm showing RSRP of 93dBm and signal strength of -57dBm

what does this mean? am i connected well to the cell but the streaming service is the culprit?

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I'm beginning to suspect Fire TV is limiting bandwidth on a % basis as I've used one in a few different situations and the speed available varied as the service bandwidth varied. With an Android TV box & an Nvidia Shield Pro the bandwidth nearly matched the available max.

There may be alternate explanations for what you & I experienced I'm just conveying what I've observed.

ylXUWGQ.gif

ajaR0Ky.gif

YuzFntZ.gif

Archived