Best Cell phone holder / tablet Holder I have ever Used

Vegas Teacher

Howdy all,

First thanks to all who read and gave me advice on wiring Parallel , Chad those pictures were perfect. 

https://www.iowa80.com/search/max hold/

If you go to this address you will see what I picked up over the Christmas vacation I took back home from Vegas to Pittsburg Kansas, we were spitting distance from Jack's place over in Parson's K.S. Jack, sorry we did not make it to Parson's, maybe this summer!

O.K. so I went to the 44 Truck stop, I know Mr. Cobb has been there and few others on the forum have too, but if you are ever going through the Midwest and you are on 44 highway anyway, this is a must see place. It is incredible, it is like going to the Terrible Herbst just south of Las Vegas on 15.

Anyway I bought the Maxx Hold for my cell phone in the Cell phone size, they also have them bigger. Over the years I have bought to many to remember, had them for a 48 hour period and the backing wears off, looses it suction or the phone slides out of the padded friction holder, not with this one. The suction has not stopped, even driving in 9 degree weather for hours on end, the unit has metal and steal on it not a lot of plastic and padding. It has spring loaded arms and they clamp down on your phone, in short it just works.

If you are in the market for a new holder I would not hesitate, I love mine. I do not have a tablet, my wife has a Kindle Fire, But I am sure this would work for it too.....

Later,

Cory O - Have a great weekend.

37 minutes ago, RickS said:

Cory,
I have used Ram mount for everything I can remember.....Tablets/phones/PCS/radar detectors with magnetic/suction/clamp-on style mounts. They are a little pricey but work very well. The picture below is what my DW uses for her tablet.

a1Tiu7zFRVtderi7pF8tkTlXOIw9f5B63XACmbAw

Thanks Rick, I will have to look into it.

Ram makes some great mounts, but I'm lazy, and I want my cars/motorcycles to have an actual dock, so I can just drop it in and have a connection.  So I use the Ram attachments, but buy the actual dock part from Proclip.  They are very reliable, and there's no fiddling around with cables.  For the tablet on the boat I did use a holder that requires a separate cable, but it's super solid no matter how bad the water gets.

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

We use the Ram x grip to hold the Ipad in our tractor during harvest. If our new hired man cant knock it off its the best in my book. Ive seen him hit some pretty good ditches and bounce his head off the ceiling in the cab. I'm stealing it out of the tractor when we go on our trips.

My boss and I use ram cell phone mounts in our tractors. I swear by them.

Farmer tested, farmer abused, farmer approved.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Unless yer an old farmer with a flip phone.  You're supposed to be driving, not fiddling with some electronic doo-hickey.:P

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Unless yer an old farmer with a flip phone.  You're supposed to be driving, not fiddling with some electronic doo-hickey.:P

Times are changing. We have a scale on the grain cart. The weight of every load is transmitted to an I Pad in the tractor via Bluetooth. From there the operator breaks everything down to what bin its going to. So we know exactly how many lbs of what we have where. We know how many lbs came off each field. It automatically calculates bushels per acre. You can break it down to how much each truck hauled, who was driving, where it went and what time it got loaded.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Ya you're so missing out Rick.....I even mow my lawn with a tablet and Field Navigator app (and X-grip).  Lays out a perfect A-B line across both sides of the house!

I spent a whole bunch of time in the D5 last fall because my cousin wouldn't touch it cuz she never drove a non-GPS tractor before.😵  I started making fun of her cuz she doesn't use the steering wheel in her MT anyways and she got all kinds of pissed off at me.  Didn't realize it was a thing, but I guess if it has been there your whole life it becomes one.  At that minute I became old......

Then again, 45 years and I still refuse to learn to start the grader with a pony motor....guess it is all relative....

Oh, forgot to say that I've been using the Magic Mount Charge in the trucks and car since they just came out.  Pretty cool, but pretty finicky when on placement whether it wants to charge or not.  Spend a lot of time adjusting it at red lights.  So not 100% recommended but worth a try.

I'm now retired, so don't need to learn all that stuff.

But, to return to then original subject, and my reply, I was suggesting that most folks would be better served to keep their eyes on the road, and hands on the wheel. Especially important as we age and it takes longer to re-focus our attention to the task at hand.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived