Winegard Trav'ler No LNB Voltage

Our Winegard Trav'ler Model SK-SWM3 has been on our coach for just under a year.  It has worked perfectly, until yesterday.  We got the message "No LNB Voltage" on our black control box.  

I went online and figured out that the problem was more than likely the cable running from the base of the unit up through the arm to the LNBF (eye box) had went bad.  I called the tech that originally installed our unit (Satellite Steve, Coco, FL) and talked to him.  He confirmed where we were and said he wouldn't respond 130 miles away to work on it under warranty.  He did advise me that the short coax running up through the arm was more than likely the issue and explained how to replace it.

Upon examining the 4' run of skinny coax I could not tell that it was damaged or bad.  I purchased a 6' piece of regular TV coax from Walmart and replaced it.  Error code went away and dish found all three sats so we are back in business.

I will be calling Winegard today so they can document the issue plus send me a new cable.  My one year warranty runs out at the end of January so I was lucky I guess.  I hope the cable they send me will last longer than a year.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

The same thing happened to us.  Called Winegard, the tech told me the short cable (from base to LNB) was probably bad.  I looked at it, it didn't appear to be damaged, I even took a multi tester up on the roof and checked for voltage (we had 19 volts).  I decided to try a home made "jumper" I made myself.  Sure enough......  the old cable, which "looked" perfect was bad, we were back in business!    I called Winegard back and ordered a replacement figuring my hame made cable wouldn't hold up for long.  My replacement worked for a couple of months....   In the mean time my "jumper" turned out to be just a tad short (my fault) and pulled loose so I got the "no LNB voltage" message again.  Went back up and replaced with the factory replacement cable and we're all good now!   😃

Dan

LDSP.jpg

Winegard CS sent me a replacement cable also.  Just got it in the mail.  When I called initially she said I would need to email her my proof of purchase.  I didn't ask her but I figured that was why you registered these things on line with serial numbers in the first place so they could keep track, guess not.  Anyway, I did as she requested.  

The only place my old cable looked any different than the new cable was where it went through a loop which helped secure it from moving around too much.  I may add a little extra protection to that small area when I install the new one. 

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

We replaced all of the short cables on the Trav'ler but bought a good quality cable at the local supplier. Much better than the cables from Winegard and less likely to fail over and over. The cost was only a few dollars. I would recommend anyone with an older unit replace the short pieces of coax before you have a failure and spend a lot of time troubleshooting. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Same issue but cable replacement from lnb to the turret did not fix it. I’ve confirmed the lnb and cable is good by trying it on my fixed satellite dish at my campground. Any suggestions? It’s definitely not the lnb or the lnb cable. It’s definitely not the cable supplying the camper from the turret. 

On 8/5/2019 at 8:26 PM, Nancy kurimay said:

We only have this problem in hot weather!!!  Have replaced cables twice. Any thoughts?

Do you have the older Slimline-5 converted to SWM?  That is what we have, and during hot weather the SWM-8 switch over heats and we get the "no connection to antenna" or something like that.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J