Unite Pro/WiFi Ranger Filtered

dgezy

I have a Unite Pro w/Mobley Sim installed. I use it to connect to the WiFi Ranger either via WiFi or USB Tethered. Lately on the WiFi Ranger admin screen the type has started showing "Filtered" instead of "WPA". This is a recent occurrence. Does anybody know what gives and how to get the WPA setting back?

Thanks

Dave

Check you Explorer as that is what broadcasts the signal.

I was able to use my Mobley sim in my Explorer a couple of months ago and now I need to enter a puck#.  Which I have and ir will not unlock it.  Going to call ATT tech support.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 1/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, dgezy said:

. Lately on the WiFi Ranger admin screen the type has started showing "Filtered" instead of "WPA". This is a recent occurrence. Does anybody know what gives and how to get the WPA setting back?

The "Filtered" display doesn't mean that you don't still have WPA.  It just means that the Ranger is sensing something "odd" about the connection. I've seen the same thing occasionally on a totally different setup and I don't pay attention to it as long as the internet connection works Ok.  If you click on the word Filtered it may just blink and go away.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

docj,

Thanks for the information. It seems to be working well, or as well as can be expected in Rockport ,TX. Cell coverage isn't any too good here and I heard AT&T has a problem with their tower so I assume that is part of it. 

Thanks Again

Dave

34 minutes ago, dgezy said:

It seems to be working well, or as well as can be expected in Rockport ,TX.

We live in Rockport and I'm currently getting ~17.5Mbos download on my Verizon prepaid hotspot using Speedtest.net   I used to have AT&T here and would typically get 5-15Mbps.  But we stopped that service two months ago so I wouldn't be aware of tower problems since them.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived