Remote Battery Terminal wire size?

Pete Kildow

Bought Remote Battery Terminal's,To mount on my T600. Takes way to long to get to the Battery's. remove step, side panel, 2 covers over battery's. So adding these Remote Post. That way if I need to charge the battery's. Its easy to get to the terminal's. If for some reason I had to jump it off, again easy to get to the terminals.

Now I'm stuck on the size wire to use? I have some 2 gauge Tinned OFG I could use. Will only be 3ft long on both Positive and Negative. But fear it may be small and take longer to move the power? I also have some HD 2/0 welding cable left over also. But man its a hand full to route.

What size would be good? And transfer power the best?

event.png

I have an Anderson connector on my truck as well, I used 2/0 cable to the batteries about 4-4 feet.      My batteries are at the back of my truck and I ran 4/0 up the frame, 4/0 is though, 2/0 is just hard.     I used some 1" hose as sleeve over the frame.   

I made up a charging plug with about 15" of cable for charging, I have 16' 2/0 jumper cables as well.   

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Mounted under hood and 2/0 to the starter if you want them to be jumpstarts too.  Or 4/0 to the batteries from back of sleeper to be jumpstarts as well.  2/0 to batteries will be remote batt terminals and after some time it'll start.  Don't mount the studs anywhere near the end of one of your fuel tanks, unless there is some other big bracket or frame part between the end of the tank and the studs.  T600 stacked batteries in the fairing were fun.....I forgot about them.😊

18 hours ago, Scrap said:

Mounted under hood and 2/0 to the starter if you want them to be jumpstarts too.  Or 4/0 to the batteries from back of sleeper to be jumpstarts as well.  2/0 to batteries will be remote batt terminals and after some time it'll start.  Don't mount the studs anywhere near the end of one of your fuel tanks, unless there is some other big bracket or frame part between the end of the tank and the studs.  T600 stacked batteries in the fairing were fun.....I forgot about them.😊

Its less then 3ft to the box. There right behind the front steer. Tanks are behind the battery box. Thought about putting a jumper to the battery, and starter. But will just run to the battery box.

This will be mounted right to the cab outside frame mount. It has holes in it from the factory. Just bold my bracket to that. And 3ft or less to battery's. And yes those T600 Stacked Batteries are fun for sure.

Picture of where mine are mounted. I know scrap knows where there at. But most don't know.

kvzifxkl.jpg "border=0
m3zZPvb.pngClick For Full-Size Image.

event.png

Archived