Camp ground site size?

runaway parents

We try to find parks with over flow parking. I have paid $25 to park truck. Don't believe a problem with vacationing or full timing and retired. Lets see, a site beside us would be an extra 350.00. Ouch

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Not cost effective & usually not practical.  If the site is too small for the 5th wheel & truck, it's probably too small to get into from the get go.  Over flow parking for the tow vehicle is an option if there is electric available to keep the batteries charged.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

30 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

So the problem with the big rigs is getting a site big enough to park it in .Well lets see would it be cost effective to purchase two small sites side buy side. Park truck in one, trailer in the other.

Are all sites priced the same regardless of size?

Smaller sites usually cheaper but not usually 1/2 the price of a big site so really not cost effective.  Second issue is most small sites are back in and all the sites around are the same so maneuvers may be difficult.

oops, Redcrzr and I replying at same time, but same points.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

11 minutes ago, redcrzr said:

Not cost effective & usually not practical.  If the site is too small for the 5th wheel & truck, it's probably too small to get into from the get go.  Over flow parking for the tow vehicle is an option if there is electric available to keep the batteries charged.

Todd

Solar will fix that

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

You're right Glen.  I had a bad experience with a small solar charger this past summer. 4 "dead" batteries.  I need to buy a better system.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Maybe we've been lucky, but we've always been able to find a spot.  Maybe not our first choice, but not a big deal either.

we're moving from Polk City, FL to Cedar Key.  By postponing our move one day, we're getting in where we want to be.  Not too bad for not having reservations in the high season.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We always manage. In over ten years with HDT needed to park truck off site a couple times. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

We have never had a problem yet but if we feel cramped on the site with everything I have no problem parking truck elsewhere if needed, now our stops are usually never longer then a week or two at one place and we have nothing extra in truck like a fridge or other things to drain the batteries.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived