Condensation

KevinS

• 1 month later...

We picked up a dehumidifier from wally world last spring.  ~$70 or so.  Works great, we keep it set on 40, have to empty the tank twice a day depending on humidity.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:52 PM, docj said:

We have one of these in the MH and one in our casita.  I selected it because it was relatively inexpensive and small.   Frigidaire sells an inexpensive extended warranty that gives you a total of 5 years of coverage since there were some premature failures noted in the product reviews.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UWP07NI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I notice the compressor has a drain tube.  Do you use the drain?  If so, where do you have it draining?

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

2 minutes ago, Aggie79-82a said:

I notice the compressor has a drain tube.  Do you use the drain?  If so, where do you have it draining?

In our casita I have it draining through the wall to the outside, but in the MH I just use the "bucket" that come with it.  Even in the most humid weather, emptying it into the sink is only a once a day chore.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived