OH NO!!

rynosback

I've met this guy several times, he is a multiple time world champion whitewater kayaker and a pro fisherman (think the bar is pretty low for that one, just get some sponsors).  You can hear him say that the park brake is on, but apparently just failed when the dog bumped it into Reverse.  This would be terrible, good on him for taking it with a smile and having the confidence to show his failure publicly.

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Um, turn off the RV's engine before unloading the boat?

Linda

Naw, that' using logic; it's not he-manly either. It does however give new meaning to "go float your boat".

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

I've driven a Class A with a pushbutton transmission that didn't require pressing the brake to shift, and also disengaged the brake automatically when you select R or D.  Seemed crazy to me.

That would be interesting . 

Like a 60s Plymouth with Push Button transmission control on the dash . I recall driving on of those . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

If the coach had an Allison transmission, then it didn't have a Park position. None of the Allisons that were on the coaches that I owned did! For sure wasn't manual.

Frank
Kay - Co-pilot

Roscoe and Maggie - Rescue Beagles

"I asked God to send us a True Friend. He sent us a Beagle!"
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

I've heard of this happening a few times.  Also, of a cat turning on the kitchen water faucet when the owners were gone and it flooded the place.  Also, cats getting caught in the slide mechanisms and crushed.  Or pets running out the door at highway stops.  Put pets in a crate until you're parked or until you're ready to take off.  Also when you leave the RV.  Pets can be eager to go into their crate if they're trained from early on.  They probably feel contented as it's their 'cave'.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

It wouldn't take much for an energetic dog to bump the air brake release button.  

It doesn't work that way. Unless the dog is intentionally releasing the brakes. It takes a significant amount of pressure, held for enough duration to charge thee air lines with enough pressure to maintain the button in. I'm still calling BS.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

In a car, a friend left his keys in the ignition while doing a walk around to check tire pressures. His dog tried to follow him out the door with the result that the dog put its paws on the door handle which pushed the door lock button.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

In a car, a friend left his keys in the ignition while doing a walk around to check tire pressures. His dog tried to follow him out the door with the result that the dog put its paws on the door handle which pushed the door lock button.

Linda

My cat did that once.  I keep the spare keys in easy reach since then. And try to keep the keys in my pocket.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

My niece's big dog put her paw on the backseat automatic window control in their car.  Opened the window and jumped out in heavy traffic at about 40 MPH.  (The traffic, not the dog.)  She had to pull over, turn the car off, and chase her down, diving between cars! 

Archived