10 hours ago, sandsys said:

Um, turn off the RV's engine before unloading the boat?

That, or keep your pets restrained (seat belt harness, travel crate) until you're parked and the engine is off.

Looks like the guy didn't set the brake . 

Maybe the guy left something burning on the stove and the Dalmatian was just doing his natural duty by putting the fire out . ;)

I've met this guy several times, he is a multiple time world champion whitewater kayaker and a pro fisherman (think the bar is pretty low for that one, just get some sponsors).  You can hear him say that the park brake is on, but apparently just failed when the dog bumped it into Reverse.  This would be terrible, good on him for taking it with a smile and having the confidence to show his failure publicly.

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

Um, turn off the RV's engine before unloading the boat?

Linda

Naw, that' using logic; it's not he-manly either. It does however give new meaning to "go float your boat".

I've driven a Class A with a pushbutton transmission that didn't require pressing the brake to shift, and also disengaged the brake automatically when you select R or D.  Seemed crazy to me.

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

I've driven a Class A with a pushbutton transmission that didn't require pressing the brake to shift, and also disengaged the brake automatically when you select R or D.  Seemed crazy to me.

That would be interesting . 

Like a 60s Plymouth with Push Button transmission control on the dash . I recall driving on of those . ;)

15 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

That’s why I always put my dog in the boat first. 

As long as he doesn't think the engine pull cord wants to play tug of war.

Linda

I can't find a automatic transmission that can be shifted from park with just a push on the lever. I could push a stick shift into neutral. 

It's almost impossible to push a manual out of gear when it's loaded up on a hill like that.  This was probably a pushbutton trans, not a lever.

If the coach had an Allison transmission, then it didn't have a Park position. None of the Allisons that were on the coaches that I owned did! For sure wasn't manual.

I've heard of this happening a few times.  Also, of a cat turning on the kitchen water faucet when the owners were gone and it flooded the place.  Also, cats getting caught in the slide mechanisms and crushed.  Or pets running out the door at highway stops.  Put pets in a crate until you're parked or until you're ready to take off.  Also when you leave the RV.  Pets can be eager to go into their crate if they're trained from early on.  They probably feel contented as it's their 'cave'.

4 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

It wouldn't take much for an energetic dog to bump the air brake release button.  

It doesn't work that way. Unless the dog is intentionally releasing the brakes. It takes a significant amount of pressure, held for enough duration to charge thee air lines with enough pressure to maintain the button in. I'm still calling BS.

In a car, a friend left his keys in the ignition while doing a walk around to check tire pressures. His dog tried to follow him out the door with the result that the dog put its paws on the door handle which pushed the door lock button.

Linda

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

In a car, a friend left his keys in the ignition while doing a walk around to check tire pressures. His dog tried to follow him out the door with the result that the dog put its paws on the door handle which pushed the door lock button.

Linda

My cat did that once.  I keep the spare keys in easy reach since then. And try to keep the keys in my pocket.

Edited by rynosback