2019 West Coast Rally - Now with Rally Schedule!

Chad Heiser

3 hours ago, Cotreker said:

Planning to attend for second year.  Last year's event was so well done I want a repeat, my class suggestions are below: 

1. Quick Books tips
  2. Self defense awareness
  3. Shooting for sure
  4. What to carry in your HDT to get you out of trouble, spare parts, phone #'s, what to ask if you really must get towed, will insurance pay, tire service, self tire service, tools
  5. Alaska travel tips
  6. Electrical 101
  7. Wine tour

Glad you are going to make it again.  Let me know when you make your reservations.  

Thanks for the topic suggestions.  I have most of those on my wish list for the rally as well.  I am working on incorporating as many as I can.  I’ve got several of them covered already.  I really hope someone with some Alaska experience will step up and volunteer to take that on. 😎

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• Phil D pinned this topic

I can't teach an Alaska class from Alaska. But if anyone is planning a trip and wants to ask me questions go for it.

I will be down in Washington and Oregon from Alaska with HDT and trailer for July. Wish I could adjust to make the WCR but I can't pull it off.

2016 Road Warrior 420

2001 Volvo VNL 660

Alaska Based.

If we stay on the west coast we will plan to come.  Our current plan is to go east this summer, but that is becoming questionable.  We won't know until late Spring so we will have to be on the standby list if we can make it.

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

10 hours ago, Imurphy907 said:

I can't teach an Alaska class from Alaska. But if anyone is planning a trip and wants to ask me questions go for it.

I will be down in Washington and Oregon from Alaska with HDT and trailer for July. Wish I could adjust to make the WCR but I can't pull it off.

Too bad, it would be nice to have you.

9 hours ago, Jeff.Sloan said:

If we stay on the west coast we will plan to come.  Our current plan is to go east this summer, but that is becoming questionable.  We won't know until late Spring so we will have to be on the standby list if we can make it.

Hopefully you stick around in the west.  We would be happy to have you at the rally.

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...

So I was experimenting with shirt colors for this year and I am leaning toward a Texas Orange Gildan shirt.  It will look similar to this, although the picture is not exactly what it looks like in person.  Anyone have any objections to this color or have any suggestions for something else?

97RR85Fl.gif

i6VEMEvl.gif

event.png    

6 hours ago, jenandjon said:

Heck I'm color blind anyway. You tell me it was any color and I would have to believe you.

If only everyone were that easy to please.  ;)

event.png    

I am working on the rally schedule and am considering taking a day to go out to a nearby trail area to go run around with SxS's/UTV's/ATV's etc.  I know a few of the attendees have such vehicles and I think it would be a fun outing.  I will be looking around to see if anyone in the area has rental units for those that do not have their own and might want to come along.  Does this sound interesting to any of you???

For those that do not wish to participate the time could be used for projects or other free time activity.  It seems everyone always has something they want done to their truck or RV so I want to build in some project time as well.

event.png    

3 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I am working on the rally schedule and am considering taking a day to go out to a nearby trail area to go run around with SxS's/UTV's/ATV's etc.  I know a few of the attendees have such vehicles and I think it would be a fun outing.  I will be looking around to see if anyone in the area has rental units for those that do not have their own and might want to come along.  Does this sound interesting to any of you???

For those that do not wish to participate the time could be used for projects or other free time activity.  It seems everyone always has something they want done to their truck or RV so I want to build in some project time as well.

Chad,

I don’t have a machine, but would be interested in renting one and getting in on this, count me in.

2011 vnl730 D13 435/1650 I-shift singled mid 2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts 2015 Smart

8 hours ago, jenandjon said:

I am kind of wondering if there will be someone there with a solar set up I can look at.

I'm hoping Karen and I can make it to the rally, things are really up in the air at this time with my shoulder surgery on Monday. We were hoping on going to Alaska this summer starting at the WCR, and then heading up, might make it to the WCR and head home, but your welcome to give mine a look over any time, it's different in the way it's set up, solar panels on the trailer and everything else on the truck, but it works well for me this way.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

16 hours ago, jenandjon said:

I am kind of wondering if there will be someone there with a solar set up I can look at.

My system will be on display as well and I will be giving presentations on solar and inverter installations at the rally.

event.png    

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

We're registered!!  Can't wait.....really looking forward to it.

See you in June.

event.png    

On 2/17/2019 at 2:02 PM, Hewhoknowslittle said:

I'm hoping Karen and I can make it to the rally, things are really up in the air at this time with my shoulder surgery on Monday. We were hoping on going to Alaska this summer starting at the WCR, and then heading up, might make it to the WCR and head home, but your welcome to give mine a look over any time, it's different in the way it's set up, solar panels on the trailer and everything else on the truck, but it works well for me this way.

Roger

Roger....how are you feeling?  Would be great to get together this year at the WCR.  Besides, I really want to see your drom 🙂

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

28 minutes ago, ewacowboy said:

Roger....how are you feeling?  Would be great to get together this year at the WCR.  Besides, I really want to see your drom 🙂

Well the arm is getting better, but the PT is putting quite a hurt on it, it's got to stretch but it doesn't have to do it in one treatment!
We are trying to make plans, but the work schedule, and Karen's mother with dementia is keeping things in the air at this time, I can run away from work, but Mom and Dad needs all the help we can give, as with most families it seams one or two out of the bunch does it all.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

24 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Well the arm is getting better, but the PT is putting quite a hurt on it, it's got to stretch but it doesn't have to do it in one treatment!
We are trying to make plans, but the work schedule, and Karen's mother with dementia is keeping things in the air at this time, I can run away from work, but Mom and Dad needs all the help we can give, as with most families it seams one or two out of the bunch does it all.

Roger

Completely agree.....hope all works out, would be great to get together.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Howdy Chad,

I just made the reservations for the 2019 WCR, looking forward to seeing you and all the other participants again this year.

Dave, Donna and Newt

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Chad,

I just made the reservations for the 2019 WCR, looking forward to seeing you and all the other participants again this year.

Dave, Donna and Newt

Excellent!

event.png    

1 hour ago, Jim & Wilma said:

Wilma and I are looking forward to attending this summer.

We are glad to have you.

event.png