richardbetsey

Honda EU2000i Generator

I have a Honda EU2000i generator. When I try to use it with our New Horizons 5th wheel, it will not supply AC power to the trailer when I attach it to the Park AC power input on the trailer with the Camco 50 Amp to 15 Amp pigtail adapter. Along with this problem if I try to attach power to the trailer using thew adapter to a 20Amp ac GFI  outlet It poips the GFI. If I pluge it into an AC outlet without a GFI everything works fine. Any ideas on how to get the Honda or a GFI outlet to work.

Richard Clauser

You need to buy or make a plug that ties your neutral and ground wires together at the generator to get power thru your surge protector.

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

45 minutes ago, richardbetsey said:

I tried that and all it did was trip the GFI on the Honda generator and on a 20 AMP AC outlet with a GFI immediately trip it.

It sounds like the Neutral and Ground wires are tied to the same point in the trailer panel. This is what's causing the GFCI to trip. Make sure the Neutral is connected to an insulated terminal, with only other neutrals connected to it.

Mine does the same.  I checked for correct voltage/neutral, all good.  I just turn off the EMI, works good for us.  Just don't forget to turn it back on before connecting to shore power.

Daryl is right. Could be a bonding screw in the panel that ties neutral to ground that needs to be removed.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, army said:

Daryl is right. Could be a bonding screw in the panel that ties neutral to ground that needs to be removed.

ARMY!  You're back?  I did notice the truck is gone!