2019 Canada- Suggestions Wanted

apackof2

Hello,
My puppy and I be going to the Canadian Rockies this Summer. I already have my passport.
I have all the proof of vaccinations for my pup but I think they all need to be within 6 months of when you visit Canada?

I want to visit Waterton, Banff and Jasper National Parks and/or any other areas that offer great hiking
This year, it will be around Jan. 9th for Jasper National Park, and Jan. 10th for Banff National Park so I need to make reservations soon!

Looking for suggestions for camping and any other advise for visiting Canada

Thanks!
Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd.
"All who wander are not lost

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
"All who wander are not lost"

Make your bookings early.  There have been stories of people or companies snatching up blocks of reservations at any given location then reselling them at an inflated price.

The stretch from Golden Bc to and beyond Radium is a fav.  There are tall poles with crossbars at the top on which eagles make their nests.  That whole area is a wetland which is the start of the Columbia River. 

Look up Radium Valley Vacation Resort but book early.

There are also the natural hot springs just up the road from the Resort.

The road, Kootenay Pass,  from the Radium side to Canada 1 which continues to Calgary and east is pretty spectacular.

A hint to all, don't speed thru the parks.  Police hide behind the animal overpasses and catch speeders by the hundreds.  Also there are a lot of animals killed on the Kootenay hiway stretch. 

Elk and moose, if hit by a vehicle, will come thru the windshield.

I've travelled these roads many times.

4 hours ago, apackof2 said:

This year, it will be around Jan. 9th for Jasper National Park, and Jan. 10th for Banff National Park

Way too early in the year for me! Are the campgrounds open and accessible? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I don't know all the particulars of the campgrounds. I know there was a fire in Jasper and one of the bigger campgrounds still might be closed? I just know you have to be ready to reserve on the those dates

I am looking for particulars

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
"All who wander are not lost"

Archived