We are selling our home base in Columbus, NM. Asking  $15,000 or make an offer we can’t refuse

GPS coordinates:  31°51'24.3"N 107°39'37.4"W

• 1.9 acre lot - live in your RV year round, put in a park model, or build a home
  • 25x50 foot concrete pad
  • Water, power and septic on site
  • 2 RV electric pedestals
  • 2 sewer outlets

Columbus is a quaint village located 32 miles south of Deming, NM and 80 miles west of El Paso, TX. and only 3 miles from Palomas, Mexico where you can get your dental, vision, and pharmacy needs met by the friendly people in town. A meal and shopping at the Pink Store (La Tienda Rosa) is a must do when in Palomas. The convenient 24 hour Port of Entry makes crossing the border easy.

Columbus offers:

• Post office
  • Library
  • Museum
  • Pancho Villa State Park
  • Restaurants
  • Medical clinic
  • Grocery
  • Gas station

The Columbus area is high desert with an altitude of 4,120 feet and has wonderful views of the Tres Hermanas and Florida mountains. There are three state parks within 60 miles of Columbus and limitless shopping opportunities in nearby El Paso, Las Cruces and Silver City.

Enjoy this unique location with the peace and quiet of rural life and a spectacular night sky while still being close to services.

Contact owner Bruce 541-604-4025 

or call Listing Broker Danna Stout 575-543-8623 (Asst Broker w/ Wagon Wheel Realty, 575-388-2692, Susan Turner, Qualifying Broker.) 

P1020710.jpg

P1020773.jpg

P1020697.jpg

Edited by bjarm

You might consider putting in GPS coordinates so interested folks can view the place from internet map satellite views.

Did the realtor create a MLS listing?

Edited by Al F

If you look on a map it is south of Deming very near the border. It is the place were Poncho Villa invaded the US. When I first visited the area in 1970 the population was about 200 and the border crossing was only opened during the day but you could come and go without issue. The Mexican border guard stood outside with an umbrella in the heat and the US border guard had a little room with an AC. It was little. The border fence was only about 200 ft each side of the crossing and the workers crossed just beyond the fence to pick cotton. Yes they were still hand picking at that time and the Puma cotton was scrawny and small. I am told that it is good cotton? Rock Hound State Park is nearby. I could easily spend winters there but it can get cold there during the Winter. I have been in a snow storm in Deming. Good Luck