Road Service

kountryguy1

I too have had Coach-net for some time and while we also one had Good Sam's road service, a friend just had a negative experience with Coach-net. He has an F450 and fifth wheel. When his truck quit on a trip not towing the trailer, they would not tow the truck(only) as he didn't have their premium coverage. It caused me to check mine. 

I will probably plan to change to the new one from Escapees when this one expires. I think that there was a thread about this earlier and someone did review the new one, but I don't see it now.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Escapees contracts with a provider for their roadside service. FMCA I believe also contracts with the same provider for $69 a year. Not sure but it would be worth checking out. My RV/Auto Insurance and my Extended Service Contract both provide me roadside service so I have never looked into the Escapees or FMCA plans. Just see their advertisements for the price. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

There are only so many companies that provide road service and no matter if you have Good Sam, FMCA, Coach-net, they will mostly use the same companies.

An experience I had with Good Sam, I also have Coach-net, when I called to have someone change a tire on my fiver, on a Sunday morning in IN, they told me that because it was Sunday all of their regular providers were closed! I said isn't their business 24/7? They said no!They had a secondary list of newer providers and they did send one. It took a few hours but he came and changed the tire, I had a spare. They lug nuts were to tight for me to get the tire off. My spare was new but low on air and the little portable compressor he had would only put 65 psi when I need 110. He came in a mini van and had to rev the engine to get the 65 psi. They did come within a reasonable time and did change the tire and now I know to check the tire pressor in the spare also. Good Luck

PS: I now carry a top of the line tank-less compressor, $235, it puts the 110 psi in the tires. Not as fast as you would think but it does the job. My truck tires require 80 and 60 psi and that it does well.

I have a van sized camper and carry Verizon Road side on my phone bill. On a trip through Va and NC I had occasion to use it twice. The first I locked my keys in while going in the Cracker Barrel in Mechanicsville. The little car, well decorated with professional looking signage was along after two hours. The tech did not have all the proper tools, and after a long struggle with rods and door jacks he said he could not get it as the steering wheel is in the way. I asked if he could try the passenger side, he said it would be the same. I said but no steering wheel. Suddenly, with too much noise, he did get the driver door open. So far, knock wood, I haven't found damage. The second I found myself out of gas in a residential neighborhood out side Raleigh, NC. Two calls, two estimated arrival times, no service ever showed. No one ever called back. Verizon left me stranded along side the road. A nice lady walking her cluster of dogs offered a gallon of lawnmower fuel with directions to get me to a station. When I return to home base I will find a different service.

My experience with Coachnet is that the hype about how quick the response is  should be taken as sales hype.  In none of the 4 or 5 times I have used them have been totally smooth but the outcomes have always been positives and to me that is what counts. I have had to have 2 tows one tire change and one lockout  that I recall but not the 5th one.  I will almost certainly stay with them until I can hear more about the one through Escapees. I bumped up to the next level above basic some years ago for some reason I don't remember.

I have used Good Sam and AAA in the past.  Good Sam has always been "Johnnie on the Spot".  Even to two tows on the same day (both our F-450 and 43' fifth wheel.  AAA on the other hand failed miserably. After some 20+ years as an AAA member we signed up for their Premium RV service shortly after we purchased our first fifth wheel.  I should say we upgraded and added the RV coverage. We also had Good Sam.  The first AAA bummer occurred in Hill City, SD when our F-450 died. After several promises and waiting 3 1/2 hours they told us they could not send anyone because we were not towing. The second happened when one of our Chinese tires blew in the Texas Hill Country. They finally sent someone who did to have the equipment to change the tire. I wrote a letter cancelling and telling them why.  No response.  And finally, having just purchased a new fifth wheel which came with a year of CoachNet, and reading about them in this forum, I think I will stay with Good Sam.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, kountryguy1 said:

Has anyone had experience with the Escapees service?

I am going to guess that so far nobody who has experience with the new Escapee road service has responded. It has only been around for a short time so I suppose that is to be expected.  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived