Help with identifying part

Wrknrvr

So what is the board on, and what are the symptoms?  If you pull them out, you can very easily test them with a meter.  Or even just disconnect one end.  In some cases, you can even test them in place, depending on their location in the circuit.  If they are on the end of a circuit and there are no more components on one side, you can just test them as they are.

5 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

But I did find them with your help.   Thank's.  Vern

So share a bit more with us when you get the chance. I agree with Dutch that those diodes are a fairly high failure item. Would love to hear "the rest of the story."

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I am working on my aquahot that I installed in our fifthwheel. So now this install was done with used parts from my work. I finished it two winters ago and it has worked great. Now that it is not the DW is not happy.

I am a Aquahot dealer and did talk to Aquahot tech support for there input.

Now what gets confusing is there is a printed circuit board to control all functions of the heating system. Then the printed circuit board controls a control box that operates the diesel burner operation. So they have to work together.

So the unit has shut off occasionally in the last couple weeks. Turn it off and on and it will work for a day or two.

So I pulled the burner assembly and installed new bearings as they we're noisy. So installed a new fuel filter and nozzle for the yearly service.

Now no laffing allowed on this subject.

Installed burner unit and it will not ignite.  ???     Finally got the fuel lines reversed to the way they were suppose to be. Still not operating. Go to bed and think. Get up in the am and get to look at the system. Pinch pliers and still on the fuel lines.

Ok remove them and it still will not operate. 

No laffing yet.          Ok so now check fuel pressure, supply and install another control box. Now apply 12vdc to burner motor ......  Now the burner works. But while trying to get this unit operating the exhaust has lots of diesel fuel in it.

Now I can send up smoke signals. I have an exhaust vent up the side of the fifthwheel for a smoke stack. My neighbor came over fast a few days ago as his wife said its burning.  So now wait for wind blowing away from the campground so no complaints can be issued.

Remember no laffing. At all,.    Yet

So with different parts from different aquahot units I really do not want to call aquahot yet.

Now I was never around anyone working on printed circuit boards, so I have fixed some basic boards with soldering or replacing a few parts.

Now Aquahots printed circuit boards are printed on both sides and some trace lines are converd by connection plugs. So sorta difficult for me to trace. I am not good at figuring out what all those extra things are for on the board. 

Now I have three different control boards. I finally have one the works if I jump two wires together. But those two wires are are power to the thermostat control system and back to the burner control box. Thermostat does not operate system with wires jumped.

Well now I have a working control box on a operating burner assembly.

Just need to figure out what is wrong with the printed circuit board.

Another printed circuit board works the thermostat buts has a low voltage problem..

Now I mite be confused to say the least. I have wanted to learned how to repair printed circuit boards but it is getting frustrating 

.  Now you can laff,      Vern

3 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

Now you can laff,   

As one who retired after 40 years of repairing things for a living, I ain't laffin! Once you find it, given a little time it could be funny but I that is isn't today.  🤯

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sometimes we get tired at the end of the day. I was working on my ac system in our S&B. Replaced a relay pack. I had turned off the breaker in the barn and was ready to turn it on. I flipped the breaker but it didn’t work. I did some basic troubleshooting but I was not and tired. Called for an AC technician. He came out and I informed him of what I had done. He said everything looked good and asked where the breaker was. He went to the barn and flipped the breaker. It worked like a champ. Still don’t know which breaker I was flipping.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

My van had a macerator pump that pumped water from the grey tank up over the axel to the dump outlet. That pump stopped working. I took it to Sportsmobile to get it fixed. The guy had quickly removed the driver seat to get good access when the shop manager suggested he test the breaker first. There was no breaker labeled for the macerator. But he did find one that was tripped so he checked that one. Then labeled it for the macerator and everything worked fine. But, he sure was proud of how quickly he removed that seat that didn't need moving at all. 

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I may just buy a new board for the unit. But I would like to figure out how fix the board. I do have three used printed circuit boards for it. Just not one of them operated properly.

I like a challenge but the DW is getting irritated about this subject. 

In 6 years I have only sold 1 of these in my repair business. So I could just stock it in my supplies if I get one of the old ones operating.

At least I am not bored sitting in the desert while testing things.   

Safe travels,.   Vern

Ok now is the time to laff.

Or get out a bottle of good stuff.

551uYk2l.jpg

so today I was going to really try and see how these printed circuit boards work. Trace what part of the system I think is bad. Study what to do when I start working on it. Now it is snowing out side in Congress Az. But today is a good day to attack this subject.

As you can see the pcb I am talking about. It is more than just an igniter board.

Now I have installed three different pcb including the one in the picture. I have installed three different control boxes on the burner itself. Still it will not work correctly. Tighten  every connection, push pin connectors sorta and just finally frustrated.

Pull pcb forwards to test where 12vdc is and is not. Studied where to test on the relays on the board.

With printed circuit board pulled forwards off the pins it sits on and darn ------- thing starts working on its own.

happy new year everyone,.     Vern

Not gonna touch it a few days if it keeps operating. Now I did try a new wiring harness on the lower right plug connection. It did not help.

Last summer I threw out the top right connecting wiring harness. I did keep the terminal end for the board.

whisky for now,.   Vern

2 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

Not gonna touch it a few days if it keeps operating. Now I did try a new wiring harness on the lower right plug connection. It did not help.

Last summer I threw out the top right connecting wiring harness. I did keep the terminal end for the board.

whisky for now,.   Vern

From your description , I'd think there's a bad connection , somewhere . Maybe due to corrosion ? Think a bad crimp ...

Goes around , comes around .

5 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

From your description , I'd think there's a bad connection , somewhere . Maybe due to corrosion ? Think a bad crimp ...

What is that spray Nick Russell and Greg White are always recommending? Something that improves electrical connectivity. Apparently, my brain has already gone to bed without me.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, sandsys said:

What is that spray Nick Russell and Greg White are always recommending? Something that improves electrical connectivity. Apparently, my brain has already gone to bed without me.

Linda

Most likely Caig DeOxit.... Jay

So there is probably a bad connection there somewhere. I have not touch the board since it started working. It snowed in Congress Az yesterday and was well below freezing last night. Not to warm up for awhile in Az so will let it be for awhile.

The plug connections come from the factory with a pure silicone base sealer and there is no evidence of corrosion at any place.

So if it will work for a week or two as is I will let it alone. I will get back with what I do find in the future.

Safe Travels,.  Vern

Archived