Government shut down

Troy

Supposedly the blm areas will remain open but without services such as bathrooms, water hookups etc.  So if boondocking you still may be able to use a campsite but without hookups.  Try calling ahead.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

If you're talking about Quartzsite, AZ BLM long-term areas..... I head that those there already can stay …. no facilities ….. but no new registrations because of no staff.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

There's really no reason to make alternative plans.  The LTVAs in Quartzsite (and other areas) are open for camping.  During the shutdown, there will be no one at the entrance kiosks to pay the fee to, but from other information here, the water and dump at La Posa South is still open.  And, of course, there's lots of free BLM areas around Quartzsite that you can use, too.

If you haven't left Canada yet, the shutdown may very well be over by the time you arrive in Quartzsite (we can only hope).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I'm currently in the La Posa West Long Term Visitor Area at Quartzsite.  As of yesterday evening, the vault toilets, dump station & water fill stations were all open, and no one checking to see if you have stickers.  The entry stations are closed, so you can't get a sticker, but entrances are open.  People are still arriving & setting up.  Last year they eventually closed both the dump station & water fill stations, so who knows how long they will stay open?  I would suggest bringing your own toilet paper if you are heading to a vault toilet!

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

Many Flying J (and some Pilot) truck stops have a dedicated RV island that has diesel, gasoline, propane, dump site and fresh water  in one spot (or very close). Makes for an easy "one-stop takes care of everything". There is a modest fee to dump. Get the Pilot/Flying J loyalty card (or, better still, their proprietary  charge card) and you'll get a small discount. There's also a "myPilot App" which I believe allows users to activate a pump AT the pump (saves you a trip inside). Good Sam members get still more discounts. I can't remember if PFJ also had "discount days" for propane (that might be some other chain). 

Archived