Finaly getting started

runaway parents

Next week we are finally going to get started extending the frame on our truck had steel for at least three weeks and had to shut job down to heal . yup I screwed up my shoulder  dw noticed that I was getting a little more irritable  lately  she took me to the docs office screaming and kicking all the way. while I am saying I am ok there's nothing wrong with me. M r I latter torn rotor cuff.it is going to be a slow go but I am determined to get this project finished got to get  the truck put back together before camping season starts.

10 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Work smart not hard...

Image result for it's only a flesh wound meme

Yup this pic sums it up .  A few years ago I sprained my ankle tightened up my boots went back to work 6 months latter when It got cold, ankle started to act up. Went to get it checked Doc asked me when did I brake my ankle.  Shoulder injury was caused buy my partner dropping a 25 ft piece of  side wall metal on me last February. Did not realize how bad it is was hurt.  Put up with it all summer.. Finally after a cortisone shot latter. I am feeling a lot better got some vacation time next week going to get some work done on the truck it will be slow and steady.

13 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Next week we are finally going to get started extending the frame on our truck had steel for at least three weeks and had to shut job down to heal . yup I screwed up my shoulder  dw noticed that I was getting a little more irritable  lately  she took me to the docs office screaming and kicking all the way. while I am saying I am ok there's nothing wrong with me. M r I latter torn rotor cuff.it is going to be a slow go but I am determined to get this project finished got to get  the truck put back together before camping season starts.

do share what your treatment is. Fairly sure that is my problem and it is no healing

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

DW had a similar issue with her shoulder.  Years of driving a bus with a manual door, plus helping me sling seed sacks often weighing 60+ lb. and she finally had torn rotator fixed.  While they were in there, the doctor discovered she also had a torn bicep.

While it's all well and good to "shake it off", remember, we heal much slower as we age.  Waiting may not be wise...............

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

do share what your treatment is. Fairly sure that is my problem and it is no healing

Doc gave me two options one cortisone and physical therapy.  Two immediate surgery with six weeks in a sling another four weeks physical therapy. Going to do option 1 first . Have a 50 50 chance it will work. Got cortisone shot last Thursday .It seems to be working. Got physical therapy next Thursday Sure hope this works we will see .

Mine been bothering me going on 6 months. lifting over my head is so painful. Laying on that shoulder is painful. Keep thinking it will improve with time but not. Thanks for sharing.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Mine been bothering me going on 6 months. lifting over my head is so painful. Laying on that shoulder is painful. Keep thinking it will improve with time but not. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Glen hope your shoulder gets feeling better I feel your pain. Same symptoms here any over head work hurts like a (explicit construction  language) son of a gun. Don't know  if this is going to work but time will tell . Running on a little less ibuprofen and Tylenol  that tells me something is working right I hope . reason for the physical therapy shoulder mussels are extremely week. as you probably know a person has the tendency to not use it enough because of the pain.

• 2 weeks later...

GW     Usually when your shoulder hurts for so long it is the Rotator. I had the op, 6 wks sling, 6 wks PT and no problems since the op in 08. It will put one arm down. If you go the op way listen and do what the doc tells you to do!!    Pat

The Old Sailor

Archived