Rust Remover

SuiteSuccess

Related to my sensor problem.  I have a lot of rust on the back of the transmission and around the sensor ports.  I can get a wire brush there for some of it but need good rust dissolver that won’t harm any electronic components.  I thought there was a recent discussion on this but couldn’t find it using the search function.  BTW have been soaking the area for two days with PB Blaster.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

"DeOxIt" neutralizes dendrite corrosion and helps restore good electrical contact. It's commonly used on battery terminals but, I would give it a shot on the electrical connections at the back of your transmission. DeOxIt is available as a spray as well as a brush on liquid. Brush the area as best as you can, blast off the crud you've loosened with compressed air (while wearing safety glasses). Make sure the connections are tight and then, use the DeOxIt on all the electrical connections. I heard about DeOxIt from Gary Bunzer, "The RV Doctor". Gary highly recommends DeOxIt.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=deoxit+contact+cleaner&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

1 hour ago, jkoenig24 said:

"DeOxIt" neutralizes dendrite corrosion and helps restore good electrical contact. It's commonly used on battery terminals but, I would give it a shot on the electrical connections at the back of your transmission. DeOxIt is available as a spray as well as a brush on liquid. Brush the area as best as you can, blast off the crud you've loosened with compressed air (while wearing safety glasses). Make sure the connections are tight and then, use the DeOxIt on all the electrical connections. I heard about DeOxIt from Gary Bunzer, "The RV Doctor". Gary highly recommends DeOxIt.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=deoxit+contact+cleaner&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Thanks John.  I wasn’t clear.  I just need a good rust dissolver to clean the metal housing not any electrical connections.  Just wanted suggestions that would not hurt wiring or plastic sensors if it contacted them.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

18 minutes ago, PaHunter said:

Check out Kano Labs, they manufacture Kroil and all types of of cleaners.

http://www.kanolabs.com/indSpec.html#anchor34841

Thanks Chris.  The “ExRust” is the kind of stuff I was looking for.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived