Bling for my truck

Vegas Teacher

One night in North Dakota, I told my bride "I'd give $1000 for a good set of headlights now."  A year later, I got a set from David.  Best upgrade I made on this truck.

I can't speak to the longevity though, as I rarely run at night.  But when I do, I'm happy for those lights.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, alan0043 said:

Hi Mark,

I am glad that you brought up that question. I ordered new head light housing for my truck. I did my research before I placed my order. I wanted the DEPO brand. The product description stated the brand was DEPO. When I received my housings the words Eagle Eyes were on the boxes. I could not find the word DEPO anywhere. I even looked at the housings and could not find any words saying DEPO. So I don't know if I have DEPO housings or not. Hopefully David will see this and make a comment or too.

Al

Well the exact thing happened to me Amazon right?  I wrote to the company and they are "willing" to take them back or discount the Eagle Eyes I have - well I want/wanted DEPO so will see how this works out.

Mark

2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
2020 Momentum 376THS
We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Thanks for the replies on the Deep Space lights.  I Will pull the trigger in the next day or two.

I rarely run after dark, but would like to run before dawn sometimes.  No can do with the very warn factory style projector's.  The silver is flaking off and the halogen have seen much better days.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

1 hour ago, Parrformance said:

Thanks for the replies on the Deep Space lights.  I Will pull the trigger in the next day or two.

I rarely run after dark, but would like to run before dawn sometimes.  No can do with the very warn factory style projector's.  The silver is flaking off and the halogen have seen much better days.

Hi Parr,

Do you have any plans for going to the '19 ECR ? The reason that I am asking this question is because David is always at the rally. When I bought my lights off of David at the rally he even installed them for me. I am glad I have them in my truck.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Mr. Al, my wife and I would like to travel to Crossville in the near future, but the timing of the ECR is just outside of the window for she and I.

I often take a vacation the week before Thanksgiving with my Adult son, work begins to slow considerably for me at that time.

My wife however is at her busiest during the last couple of weeks of August through the Christmas holiday, very difficult to take time in the fall for her.  She has another 9-10 fall terms before retirement.  When she retires, ( I will need to work another 4-5 years) I will be traveling in the fall/winter with her to see leaves change and snow.

We will travel for more than a month this summer, I know I will be traveling in the pre-dawn hours, and do not want to struggle to see the road markings.  I have watched the videos by Gregg and David, the lights look to be overkill, but the pricing seems quite reasonable for the improved lighting that they provide.  

The Deep Space Lights have been ordered!!

Jackalopee

Installed the Deep Space Lighting kit,

so far so good.  Kit has changed a little from the last set of printed directions.  The puzzle took about 10 minutes longer than it should have for me.  The second headlight went together quickly and painlessly.

Just need to check the adjustment later this week.

Jackalopee

16 hours ago, Parrformance said:

Installed the Deep Space Lighting kit,

so far so good.  Kit has changed a little from the last set of printed directions.  The puzzle took about 10 minutes longer than it should have for me.  The second headlight went together quickly and painlessly.

Just need to check the adjustment later this week.

Hi Parr,

Sounds great. Have you had a chance to turn them on at night yet ? Curious, what has change on the newer kits ?

I found out that Eagle Eyes is from APA.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Tried them last night, around 11 pm.

They are fantastic from what I can tell.  I was unable to tell whether or not the original Halogens were on at this spot.  The bone head neighbor has a street light style light on a telephone pole installed by the city, in her front yard that turns the neighborhood into daylight. This makes it far easier for the thieves to see what they are stealing, and the light pollution is downright disgusting.  

The Deep Space lights were strong enough to be seen over the blinding light in the neighbors yard, I suspect they will be awesome when pulling onto the highway at 5:00 am.

The newer kit already has the shutter solenoid connector installed. The kit has a new twist lock to hook the lamp in, this is where it took a little extra time to figure out the puzzle. I do like the design, good firm connection. The mounting tape is now hook and loop velcro style, this I think is a much better idea, in case you ever need to service a component in the kit.

Jackalopee

Archived