The Journey to a Casita

Kkaye

I have recently ordered a Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe, to be ready in March of 2019.  I feel like I've been living the Goldilocks tale for the past several years.  I began with a Car-go lite trailer from Micro-lite, pulled by a Jeep Wrangler.  It was cute and sleek, easy to tow.  I took several short trips, which were fine.  A month long trip to Colorado did me in.  I was tired of changing clothes while lying down!  Next I went to a Winnebago Navion 24J and pulled the Jeep Wrangler.  This was a great setup and a beautiful rig.  However, I often travel alone (with my dogs) and the energy it took me to ensure everything was hooked up, latched down, secured, locked...was too much.  It took the joy right out of the journey!  So, I feel like I've moved from "too small" to "too big" to now... "just right."  I'm going to pull the Casita with a new Honda Ridgeline.  I'm excited about getting back into part-time RVing and I'm especially excited to feel like I can do this on my own when I have the desire.  Anyone have a "journey to the right one" story in their RV experiences?

We now travel with a travel trailer too although ours is a bit later than yours, there are also two of us. Our arrival where we are now has taken much longer but the changes have really not been so much one of finding the right RV as our needs or desires changed. It is good to hear that you have found the right RV. The Casita is a very impressive small trailer. Congratulations!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, Kirk W said:

We now travel with a travel trailer too although outs is a bit later than yours, there are also two of us. Our arrival where we are now has taken much longer but the changes have really not been so much one of finding the right RV as our needs or desires changed. It is good to hear that you have found the right RV. The Casita is a very impressive small trailer. Congratulations!

Ah yes, that is a big part of it...needs and desires change.  I can say I'm understanding much better what is really important to me and what just saps my energy.  Thank you and good traveling to the both of you!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a nice used 2009 Casita SD, 17 footer about 3 years ago. As a solo traveler I've found the Casita is a wonderful trailer to travel around in. They have just about everything a large RV has, except an oven. I tow mine with a Tacoma V-6 with 6,000 lb tow capacity. I can get into any place the big boys can get into, and a really lot of place they can't get into because of there size and road conditions. Now when I'm through  traveling around I come back to my 40 foot 5th wheel which is my winter home.

Archived