Create a "States I have camped map"

TheJoblessRver

Hello all,

You will see in my signature a map showing the states I have camped. I have had a few people ask how I made this, so I thought I would tell you how here.

This can be done for USA, Canada, or even Mexico!

For USA: Go to this site

For Canada: Go Here

Check all the states/Provinces you have camped.

• Map size - Small
  • File type - JPEG
  • Click Create Map

Then just right click on the Map, click Save Picture, save it to your computer/hard drive.

If you want to add it to your signature, just go to your user profile 

Scroll down to Signature Picture and click Browse to Upload Picture. Then click Insert signature Picture, Then click Save Signature.

Thats it! Enjoy

Words To Live By:

• " Welcome To Our Campsite Where Friends And Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time" - Me
  • " Every problem in the world can be fixed with one of two items. If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, WD-40." - Rving Review

States I've Visited:

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Yup, we've used that site since 2010 and have our 'states visited' on our blog.  It is fun to fill it in - ours only lacks Delaware and Maryland - we have passed through but never spent the night.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Yup, we've used that site since 2010 and have our 'states visited' on our blog.  It is fun to fill it in - ours only lacks Delaware and Maryland - we have passed through but never spent the night.

We each have our own rules for using a map. Some say you only have to drive through a state to count it. Some say you have to spend at least one night there. I once read where someone said you could only mark states where you'd had sex. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

12 hours ago, sandsys said:

Some say you only have to drive through a state to count it. Some say you have to spend at least one night there.

Is it true that once you have all of the states filled you are required to go home and stop traveling? That is the reason we have never used one of what I like to call "brag maps."   😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Is it true that once you have all of the states filled you are required to go home and stop traveling? That is the reason we have never used one of what I like to call "brag maps."   😏

I always thought of it as a challenge map. But, it is true that we drove through our last state on the way to PPL to sell our full-timing rig. However, I don't think the map had anything to do with Dave deciding he was done traveling. And I bought a snowbird rig and went right on.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 month later...

We're too old school, printed an outline map of USA and color in the states with a highlighter. I try very hard to stay within the lines, something I always had trouble with even when a kid with crayons.

Spring project: mount & frame a USA state & highway map on beaver board and use pins for a little more precision marking where we've stayed.

3 hours ago, DCMAC214 said:

We're too old school, printed an outline map of USA and color in the states with a highlighter. I try very hard to stay within the lines, something I always had trouble with even when a kid with crayons.

Glad to have you join us! I was never much good with crayons do doubt that I'd do much better with a map and colored markers. The only art award I ever got was one for originality and I think that was probably because the teacher managed to figure out what I drew! Truth be told, I was just never inclined to keep one of the maps because I don't like stickers and decals. If I did have one, must the states have been visited by RV or would flying or driving there count? Do I get to count places that I was stationed in the Navy? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

sometimes i have thought about a states brag map. (lack of window space could be a problem on smaller rvs). but am more inclined in a where i have been listing of stickers. they are made cheap, (but sold at a premium price) so get sunburned, a good reason to return and see the place again. or just place another spots sticker there.

Archived