Toll road transponders

kb0zke

6 hours ago, docj said:

Our Harris County tag was not accepted in OK the last time we were there.   We were told that only the northern TX toll tag was reciprocal there. I don't know about Kansas.

It's changed since this spring then.  We ran some of the OK toll roads because of less traffic with the EZTag.  We were billed for it like normal on the statement.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

21 minutes ago, whj469 said:

Harris County Toll Road Authority website. They sell EZ Pass.

No, they don't. They sell the EZ TAG.

It is completely different than the EZ Pass. 

The EZ TAG works on toll roads in Texas, and apparently in some adjacent states, but most certainly does not work in the Northeastern US.

The EZ PASS, on the other hand, works in the states that I listed in a previous post, but does not work anywhere in Texas.

This is an important distinction when discussing various toll tags. Accuracy counts...

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

On 12/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

It's changed since this spring then.  We ran some of the OK toll roads because of less traffic with the EZTag.  We were billed for it like normal on the statement.

With all due respect, the Oklahoma Pikepass website says that EZTAg and TX Tag are not currently accepted on Oklahoma highways.  Maybe you have a North TX Toll Authority pass and don't realize it.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, docj said:

With all due respect, the Oklahoma Pikepass website says that EZTAg and TX Tag are not currently accepted on Oklahoma highways.  Maybe you have a North TX Toll Authority pass and don't realize it.

okc.jpg

9 hours ago, docj said:

Our Harris County tag was not accepted in OK the last time we were there.   We were told that only the northern TX toll tag was reciprocal there. I don't know about Kansas.

It's an EZ Tag.  I had to put more on the account today.... or they took more today when we went around 99 east.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

My Texas EZ-TAG worked in Oklahoma last year when I went from Hutchison, KS to Elk City, OK. I'm with Jim...maybe they quit accepting it (or their web site is out dated).

Jim, are you near me??

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I'm sorry you don't see any value in possibly correcting misinformation that could mislead other E-ZPass holders. 

Dutch_12078, I do see value, and I provided it.  The link I provided in my original response covered your concern. 

Here's the link again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-ZPass

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

2 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

It's changed since this spring then

It was two years ago that we couldn't use our EZTag in Oklahoma.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Having just had an EZPass from IN to tour around the NE states, I firmly believe there is no connection to the EZTag in Harris County, nor the NTTA toll tag, which I have also.  2 or 3 completely different systems. I also would do my darndest to stay off a toll road in IL...

Archived