The State of California has given me 20 days to register my Texas LIcensed vehicle

rbdaves

9 minutes ago, rynosback said:

How did they say that they came about serving you that letter?  So the letter had a list of questions that you had to answer?  I had heard about CA trying to enforce this for a while.  I am just trying to under stand the complete circumstances so I can avoid them.

Not to presume anything, but I get the impression that you have been in this one location for a while.

The CHP didn't say how they became aware of our Texas Toad.  Could have been a person or an officer, we don't know. 

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

If you are staying at Jojoba Hills, are you the only one who received this letter?

Over time, several members have received this letter.  As for right now, I don't know of anyone other than myself that been the recipient of a similar letter

CA wants money.

never sign any contract in ca.

never stay in one place longer than three weeks, then a min of two out of the state. if you come back be in a different county for the next three weeks. repeat. again and again.

have nothing "legal" in ca. po box, or any mail drop, banking, Dr, etc.

yes there is a reward program via the dmv for snitching on peps reg there autos out of state.

in 8 years i am out of here. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2027 will be in my new state of domicile. (maybe years sooner?).

We spend several weeks in a row in wine country each year.  We do not go out of state in-between 2 week stays in different locations.  Just move down the road (sometimes a whole 25 miles) to the next area we are going to explore.   No sense getting all hyper about visiting California, but one does need to understand that long stays will get you looked at with a critical eye, especially by nosey people who are looking to cash in on the 'reward' for information or those who hate RVers and want to see all of the RV parks pushed out (and we have run into those type of people in every state) .

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

5 hours ago, rbdaves said:

We got a call from the CHP a few days ago.  Based on my reply letterr, they closed the case. 

Excellent! Do you want to share what you wrote in that letter?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

Excellent! Do you want to share what you wrote in that letter?

Linda

In addition to the written information that is on my first post on this subject,  I sent copies of Texas Driver's Licenses, Texas voting registration cards, Texas proof of auto insurance, Federal Tax Return 

Archived