Techma toilet

scouserl41

We bought a "New to us" 2009 Monaco Cayman 38" DP, it has the Techma Vacuum toilet system. Very fancy but it fills the black tank way too fast for our liking. The coach came with a basic manual and I can't find anything much online about the Techma. Does anyone have experience with adjusting the water level on this type of fixture??

Thanks in advance,

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

We also think it uses too much water. Fills tank quicker too. 

Using the lower flush switch  helps

To adjust the refill level hold both switches at same time and let go when you get the level you want. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

X2. In my 5th wheel I could go 7-10 days without dumping. In my Class A with a Techma I can only go about 4 days. I live alone. It’s mellow if it’s yellow, if it’s brown flush it down, lol lol lol. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Are you sure you not have the macerated toilet. If so, it does use more water. You can hold in both buttons. It will fill, then empty. Keep holding them in. It will refill. Release them when the water is approaching the top of the hole. It is a timer system so is pressure dependent. If you have a problem with the pump continuing to run, the controller is going out. Shut off your 12 volts and it will reset it. If you have a converter or inverter/charger you will need to shut that odd as well. They will keep supplying 12 volts. The controller costs about $200. If you do have a vacuum toilet, this may or may not apply. Check the tech,a web site.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

On 12/9/2018 at 10:46 AM, billr said:

We also think it uses too much water. Fills tank quicker too. 

Using the lower flush switch  helps

To adjust the refill level hold both switches at same time and let go when you get the level you want. 

Make sure you use the lower flush button for non solids, I think it is the button on the left side of the pad.

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

While this isn't to your question, it is related. Long term dry camping is something we do often, we only use our own bath facilities, so I wanted to maximize the amount of time before we had to dump our black tank. My solution was a Thetford Electra Magic 80 Marine Recirculating Toilet. The two of us in our small 29 ft. Class C can "go" from around say at least 9 up to 13+ days before we are "full of it" and have to dump lol . The difference being if were in a remote soil/sand/wooded area where the gray water from the bathroom lavatory sink can be discharged to the ground versus if it goes to the black tank.

Best wishes

John T   Live now from Matagorda Bay Texas

Our Monaco has the same toilet. A real water hog. But the holding tank is not under the toilet. They have a new model that uses less water. However it is very expensive. I forget the price but over $1000. There are no inexpensive macerating toilets. I have not found a solution.

We had a situation in our houseboat where the holding tank was some distance from the toilet.  Macerater toilets use to much water so we installed a RV toilet that is built on a 10 gallon holding tank.  Also installed a macerater to unload that 10 gallon tank to a 100 gallon tank.  The RV toilet on the 10 gallon tank is the same height and function as a regular RV toilet and uses considerably less water.  The macerator to move the waste to the larger tank was permanently plumbed  so a push of a switch completed the transfer.  It added a step to waste management but it worked.  We could stay out for a couple of weeks without worry.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I have the same toilet and we limit the flushing of "liquids" when we are boondocking.  

This keeps the number of flushes per day down and helps extend our stays.

NOTE:  We each have our own bathroom, so that helps.  :)

We are still experimenting but thanks for the tips. So far by reducing the water level to the top of the outlet we have gone from 3 to 4 days before the red light comes on. We are currently trying a 2P mode, P twice flush once. If we can get 5 days we won't be too unhappy as once we get on the road again in the spring we will be using "offsite" facilities more and we don't boondock a great deal.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Archived