Mini Hard Drive storage of movies/tv shows

Not sure I am in the correct sub-forum for this question. My wife and I rent a house in Eleuthera (Bahamas) and there is no broadcast tv at this place. There is a little small device, about the size of a mini-drive, FULL OF MOVIES and TV shows. I mean, hundreds. I would like to get something like this for my MH. I have no idea what this is and we just left there and I should have noted who made it, etc. It is HDMI fed to the TV set. I will google this, but also wonder how they got all of that content on it. For our "mission" and some quick entertainment whilst travelling, this would be perfect. Thanks.. Larry

1977 GMC Eleganza II

ARS WBOJOT

57 minutes ago, LarryN said:

Not sure I am in the correct sub-forum for this question. My wife and I rent a house in Eleuthera (Bahamas) and there is no broadcast tv at this place. There is a little small device, about the size of a mini-drive, FULL OF MOVIES and TV shows. I mean, hundreds. I would like to get something like this for my MH. I have no idea what this is and we just left there and I should have noted who made it, etc. It is HDMI fed to the TV set. I will google this, but also wonder how they got all of that content on it. For our "mission" and some quick entertainment whilst travelling, this would be perfect. Thanks.. Larry

Could something like this be what you are talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Player-Remote-Optical-output/dp/B01CCRYIN8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544151930&sr=8-3&keywords=hdmi+hard+drive

I've never used one but you could use a 2.5" usb drive and put the movies on with a computer and than plug it into the usb to hdmi adapter..

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Something like that. The perfect device would hold the hundreds of movies/tv shows AND be both 12v / 120 v or Internal Battery AND be wireless (wifi or Bluetooth). So, I am boondocking, and have my Smart TV outside, and can watch Seinfeld to my hearts content. I realize that what I ask for probably does not exist with ALL of those features.  I ordered one last night from Amazon. Is not wireless (wifi of Bluetooth) also needs 120 volt. Cheap enough if it does not work.

1977 GMC Eleganza II

ARS WBOJOT

Many newer TVs are capable of playing video content directly from a USB hard drive or thumb drive . If you have a drive with video files on it, just plug it into the USB port on the TV. Check the manual for your TV and see if yours can do this.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

Archived