Has anyone driving their HDT and trailer to "Tulameen British Columbia"?

mr. cob

Howdy All,

I have heard from some folks on the CAN AM forum that there are some very good ORV trails in the Tulameen area in British Columbia, looking at the map it looks like a very narrow road to get there about 40 miles northwest of Princeton BC.  Has anyone driven this road with their rig, I have not yet taken my HDT and trailer into Canada, will I have any problems doing so?  Thanks for any information you can share.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hi Dave - we camped in that land many moons ago - we travelled in from near the Coquihalla summit by diesel Land Cruiser wagon with tents and..... big help huh? 😁

Dont take that route go through Princeton like you said. Logging country so narrow road but take it cool you be ok. Canada logging trucks are big, tall,  and heavy so any bridges should be good ....

Crossing at Sumas/Huntington would be my pick, then take an East on Hwy 1 then 3 to Princeton.

The BP in Sumas has a truck island.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

1 minute ago, noteven said:

Hi Dave - we camped in that land many moons ago - we travelled in from near the Coquihalla summit by diesel Land Cruiser wagon with tents and..... big help huh? 😁

Dont take that route go through Princeton like you said. Logging country so narrow road but take it cool you be ok. Canada logging trucks are big, tall,  and heavy so any bridges should be good ....

Crossing at Sumas/Huntington would be my pick, then take an East on Hwy 1 then 3 to Princeton.

The BP in Sumas has a truck island.

Howdy noteven,

Thanks for your reply.  I figured crossing at Lynden, would be the best bet lot less traffic and its a truck crossing.  I don't have or need a CDL in the US will my drivers license be good in Canada?

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 minutes ago, Moresmoke said:

Don't take the truck lane at customs, and have the registration (or a copy) for your trailer handy. Makes it easy to prove the trailer is yours.

Howdy Moresmoke,

Thanks for the tip, I carry all the paperwork in a big envelope so its easy to get to.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Don’t set your maxis either. Shut truck off and if you are gonna set the maxis tell the you would like too. I hear if you don’t warn them they’ll  rip ya a new one. Also a big one is fire arms coming into Canada. Might want to check out the Canadian border website it will give ya a idea what to expect!! 

Archived