1 hour ago, OregonJim said:

So, now you are accusing me of not trying to be helpful?  

Wow.  I'm seriously regretting joining Escapees.  All I've seen over the past few weeks is bickering, attacks, and petty defensiveness.

Okay guys, you've heard the last of me.  Enjoy my money.

I don't see anyone "bickering" toward you. It was just a simple survey. 

Oregon Joe and BlueLightning:

Appreciate the info you.... POSTED !!

If you had NOT posted - and sent it *only* to  IT - "we" would not have it.  Nice to know for those of us who are semi or completely computer impaired - and thanks for your efforts (in spite of the "bickering").

BTW -  Not a member (was once), so SKPs probably doesn't  really need/want a survey from me - a "forum only" person-  anyway.

40 minutes ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Oregon Joe and BlueLightning:

Appreciate the info you.... POSTED !!

If you had NOT posted - and sent it *only* to  IT - "we" would not have it.  Nice to know for those of us who are semi or completely computer impaired - and thanks for your efforts (in spite of the "bickering").

BTW -  Not a member (was once), so SKPs probably doesn't  really need/want a survey from me - a "forum only" person-  anyway.

It's a shame that it had to come to this.  

15 hours ago, OregonJim said:

If that's true, it means that live.com is not intelligent enough to detect a phishing scam, and will gladly let you compromise yourself by clicking on one.

Been using live.com for over a decade. Never a problem.Never a virus, or anything negative

11 hours ago, OregonJim said:

So, now you are accusing me of not trying to be helpful?  

Wow.  I'm seriously regretting joining Escapees.  All I've seen over the past few weeks is bickering, attacks, and petty defensiveness.

Okay guys, you've heard the last of me.  Enjoy my money.

Don't leave OregonJim!!  What you posted was a public service announcement and you explained nicely what caused the problem. The next posts were unfortunate. :(((

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:19 AM, OregonJim said:

Exactly.  Thanks BlueLightning - at least *somebody* understands what I said!

Understood as well Jim, and also read it as a public service announcement, so thanks.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, Kirk W said:

While there does seem to be a rash of that on our forums, let me assure you that it isn't typical of most gatherings of members. The forum members are not all Escapee members.

There's forum life and real life as well which implies that the comments made at a gathering could be quite different than that on a forum... it's easy to be courageous from a distance.

Edited by rm.w/aview

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, Pappy Yokum said:

Oregon Joe and BlueLightning: Appreciate the info you.... POSTED !! If you had NOT posted - and sent it *only* to  IT - "we" would not have it.  Nice to know for those of us who are semi or completely computer impaired - and thanks for your efforts 

Agreed

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Georgianne said:

Any time you have feedback for the club, you can use the Contact Us form on escapees.com https://www.escapees.com/about-escapees/contact-us/. The drop down menu allows you to direct it to any of a number of departments within our club and staff. 

Regarding the phishing concerns- we did not intentionally disguise the link. I understand what has been said- no one accused us of phishing. However, the programs we use, between our Club News distribution and SurveyMonkey (who hosts the census) are likely responsible as they are the programs that insert the tracking codes. We have had this issue in the past (it's very common), so some mail servers have flagged clubbusiness@escapees.com already. The best advice we can offer is that you add clubbusiness@escapees.com to your address book so your email provider is more aware that our emails are welcome.

Thanks for this Georgianne :)

On 12/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, Georgianne said:

Any time you have feedback for the club, you can use the Contact Us form on escapees.com https://www.escapees.com/about-escapees/contact-us/. The drop down menu allows you to direct it to any of a number of departments within our club and staff. 

Could that link be on the forum website as well?  

18 minutes ago, RV_ said:

I didn't get an email either, URL grabber or not.

In order to get the email that announced the survey you need to be a current member of the Escapees RV Club and be subscribed to Escapee News.

My 10 years of membership indeed we let lapse after we had been off the road for 4 years. Fortunately SKPs thinks enough of their members to have permanent member numbers. I thought the polling software might have been changed. I proudly display my somewhat early member number. All of us early members are very proud of what the Peterson and now the Carr family has accomplished for all of us serious RVrs, full time or part. And that we chose to help support this wonderful organization sooner than later.