Shout it from the roof tops, Donna just gave her retirement notice, I am a very happy man.

mr. cob

2 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Had that happen to me.  After I retired, I really enjoyed the freedom.  Got a lot of things done I had always wanted to do.  One day, it hit me, just what the heck am I going to do now?  Went out, met a couple neighbors and went to work for one of them part time farming.  That satisfied me for a while... then that got old... now what do I do?  LOL, just ask my wife, she came home one day and the first floor of our house was partially demolished.  Kinda made me a job that has lasted for a couple years but that too will soon run out, almost done.... LOL.  I hope she really enjoys retirement, key is, find something to do so you don't go stir crazy... been there, done that.  You should see the huge garden I dug up... LOL

Howdy NDBirdman,

I burn a lot of diesel fuel and keep the planet from freezing.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

9 minutes ago, BlueLghtning said:

That's awesome news! 

I'm sure we'll still be somewhere in AZ in Feb, so give me a buzz and we'll catch up. 

Howdy Dan,

Thanks for your well wishes.  Can you send me a PM with your contact information, I lost some of my contacts, thanks.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, Bill B said:

That's just great Dave - I had sort of had to force the wife to retire also. She was recovering from surgery 5 years ago and when she could go back to work, I reminded her of how her "work" treated her after a prior surgery. Then, I told her she could stay in the northern cold climate, but I was heading south and she was welcome to join me if she chose. She did and is happy about it.

Howdy Bill,

I know how you feel, for the last four years I have been spending more and more time away from the Nor-Wet during the nasty months, hopefully this February's trip south will convince Donna that a person can ESCAPE the gloom.  I can tell that she is ready, she too is now counting the days.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived