Shout it from the roof tops, Donna just gave her retirement notice, I am a very happy man.

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Those of you who have met me know that I have been wishing and talking about my wife who is a school teacher would someday be retireing, she just sent me a text, she has given notice and as of December 31st, 2018 will be RETIRED.  Oh happy days, happy days so now we can travel in the winter together.  Oh I am sure she will at times tire of me being underfoot all the time and will tell me with love in her eyes and heart as she has done in the past, "Go someplace for a while, come back when your in a better mood."  To which I reply, "Yes dear." as me and the Dog hit the road for another sojourn.  All that said, I am so looking forward to this coming February as Donna and I take our FIRST winter trip together, we will be spending a month enjoying the sun and sand of southern Arizona.  Counting the days, just counting the days................

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 minutes ago, jkoenig24 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I have ZERO regrets since I retired; I don't miss work at all.

Wishing you both MANY YEARS of safe and happy travels!

Howdy jkoenig24,

I know its not nice to say but I have noticed over the last year or so that Donna was under a lot of stress, I knew that the job was getting to her and was so darn happy when she started to talk seriously about retiring.  It will be a major lifestyle change, for many years she enjoyed her job but they have loaded teachers down with so much more stuff to do and no pay increases to offset it that I think it finally got to her.  Its something we will both have to get used to but I think it will work out OK.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Congrats Dave.  I’m with John, have not regretted retirement at all.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Just now, SuiteSuccess said:

Congrats Dave.  I’m with John, have not regretted retirement at all.

Howdy SS,

I have been working diligently to become a Gentleman of leisure, it appears that my job has now been doubled in that I will now have to insure the Donna becomes a Lady of leisure.  I guess a fellow could have a worse job, I'll do my best at it.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Congratulations.  I look forward to seeing you out on the road.  You are always welcome to stop in anytime you are in our area.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Just now, Chad Heiser said:

Congratulations.  I look forward to seeing you out on the road.  You are always welcome to stop in anytime you are in our area.

Howdy Chad,

Don't be surprised if I take you up on your offer of hospitality again, I enjoyed my last visit.  Hopefully we can do some SxSing together in the future.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

14 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Awesome!  I know she was thinking about it at the WCR.  

Howdy Jim,

Yup she was talking about, but now it has HAPPENED.  Yahooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

Maybe we'll meet out on the road.  My brides been officially retired for a couple of years, but she's always helping me on the farm, and helping with grandkids.  Now that I've exited the rat race as well, we hope to spend more time wandering about and riding the scenic and curvy roads.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Just now, rickeieio said:

Dave,

Maybe we'll meet out on the road.  My brides been officially retired for a couple of years, but she's always helping me on the farm, and helping with grandkids.  Now that I've exited the rat race as well, we hope to spend more time wandering about and riding the scenic and curvy roads.

Howdy rickeieio,

I am always up for meeting folks on the road or otherwise and look forward to it.  The only down side I see to this is that I am sure once Donna has sat around for a SHORT spell she will find all kinds of "Honey Do" tasks for me to work on around the house if it gets to be to much I'll grab the Dog, fire up the Pete and wander for a bit. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Congratulations Dave. Hope she enjoys the adventure as much as you do.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Congrats to your wife!  Just make sure she has enough to keep her occupied with all that free time.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

19 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Those of you who have met me know that I have been wishing and talking about my wife who is a school teacher would someday be retireing, she just sent me a text, she has given notice and as of December 31st, 2018 will be RETIRED.  Oh happy days, happy days so now we can travel in the winter together.  Oh I am sure she will at times tire of me being underfoot all the time and will tell me with love in her eyes and heart as she has done in the past, "Go someplace for a while, come back when your in a better mood."  To which I reply, "Yes dear." as me and the Dog hit the road for another sojourn.  All that said, I am so looking forward to this coming February as Donna and I take our FIRST winter trip together, we will be spending a month enjoying the sun and sand of southern Arizona.  Counting the days, just counting the days................

Dave

Dave - Congratulations - Your Semi is always welcome to drive though Vegas - We might need to get a few of our HDT people to Join us!

2 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Congrats to your wife!  Just make sure she has enough to keep her occupied with all that free time.

I have personally experienced that "retirement" thing, yet, but I watched carefully when my Dad did.  Give her a year or two to acclimate to her "new" life.  Its gotta be tough to make those kind of changes.  I say that as I am working in my shop today, BUT, the work is to reinstall the moose bumper on an HDT that I ran into at the National Rally.

Much more enjoyable work to what I typically do.

Marcel

4 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Congratulations Dave. Hope she enjoys the adventure as much as you do.

Brad

Howdy Brad,

Donna dosen't share my unbound wanderlust but she does enjoy going on trips, being able to escape the Nor-Wet gloom for a while this winter I am hoping will inspire her to want to get away more during the nasty months.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 hours ago, chief916 said:

Best wishes for you and the wife on her upcoming retirement.  If you're ever down in the Carolinas and need abreak for a Time.. just give me a shout.  Enjoy.

Howdy chief916,

Thanks for the invitation to meet up. I have spent very little time, a couple of days in the Carolina's back in 2008 when I rode a Ural in a circumnavigation of the USA, its a part of the country I would like to see more of.  Someday maybe I'll wander that far east if I do I'll make an effort to contact you.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Howdy NDBirdman,

Thanks for your well wishes.  She has all kinds of things planed to keep herself occupied, I am just concerned she will find more for me to do. :wacko:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Dave - Congratulations - Your Semi is always welcome to drive though Vegas - We might need to get a few of our HDT people to Join us!

Howdy Cory,

You being a teacher can appreciate the load this is going to take from Donna;s shoulders, it is a GOOD thing.  I am sure we will wander through your area in the future I'll give you plenty of warning when we do.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

37 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

I have personally experienced that "retirement" thing, yet, but I watched carefully when my Dad did.  Give her a year or two to acclimate to her "new" life.  Its gotta be tough to make those kind of changes.  I say that as I am working in my shop today, BUT, the work is to reinstall the moose bumper on an HDT that I ran into at the National Rally.

Much more enjoyable work to what I typically do.

Howdy rpsinc,

Yes this is going to be a major change in Donna's life and mine, it will take some getting used to.  A persons job all to often is tired in with ones sense of self worth and it can really knock your socks off when that is gone before you replace it with something else.  Having gone through that myself I'll be offering what help I can when the "what do I do now" blues hit Donna, which at some time I am sure they will.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 minute ago, noteven said:

Say my regards to Donna. :)

Howdy noteven,

Will do, thanks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, mr. cob said:

"what do I do now" blues hit Donna, which at some time I am sure they will.

Had that happen to me.  After I retired, I really enjoyed the freedom.  Got a lot of things done I had always wanted to do.  One day, it hit me, just what the heck am I going to do now?  Went out, met a couple neighbors and went to work for one of them part time farming.  That satisfied me for a while... then that got old... now what do I do?  LOL, just ask my wife, she came home one day and the first floor of our house was partially demolished.  Kinda made me a job that has lasted for a couple years but that too will soon run out, almost done.... LOL.  I hope she really enjoys retirement, key is, find something to do so you don't go stir crazy... been there, done that.  You should see the huge garden I dug up... LOL

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Archived