Mobley won't shut off.

dzwiss

After all the hullabaloo about the Mobley loosing the choice to stay on indefinitely, I can't get mine to shut off.  I wanted to put it in my truck and leave it there, so I set it to shut off at 30 minutes after turning off the truck.  It won't shut off, just stays on.  Now I have to unplug it whenever I get out of the truck.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

That might be a blessing in disguise .

That being , it might last longer , giving it a rest type thing . 

We unplug ours ever night at bedtime and even some times when we'll be gone for a while . 

It doesn't hurt it , but , it does interrupt our ever so busy relaxed schedule . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

13 hours ago, dzwiss said:

After all the hullabaloo about the Mobley loosing the choice to stay on indefinitely, I can't get mine to shut off.  I wanted to put it in my truck and leave it there, so I set it to shut off at 30 minutes after turning off the truck.  It won't shut off, just stays on.  Now I have to unplug it whenever I get out of the truck.

If you have not tried device reset, that would probably fix it. 

However; a reset may bring other problems such as a max 2 hour on time. Also, it will revert back to a need for the original password to access WiFi Manager. Not a problem if you have it.

How do I know? Because I had to do a device reset and experienced both of these issues. 

4 hours ago, Dick N said:

If you have not tried device reset, that would probably fix it. 

However; a reset may bring other problems such as a max 2 hour on time. Also, it will revert back to a need for the original password to access WiFi Manager. Not a problem if you have it.

How do I know? Because I had to do a device reset and experienced both of these issues. 

The reset worked, thank you.  I see what you mean re; passwords, a bit of a merry go round between wifi password and admin password, but it works now.  The two hour limit works for me as I just use it as  a backup in the camper, otherwise I leave it in the truck.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

• 2 weeks later...

Glad the reset worked for you, it messed up my Mobley so now I have the SIM in a Unite Explorer.  Once reset the Mobley would only run for 2 hours, plugged in,  and needed its PIN every time it restarted.  Amazon had free same day shipping on the Unite Explorer, which arrived about 6PM the day I got it.  It was supposed to be a new unit but was obviously a return with no manual and non--default SSID and passcode.  I suspect the problem was I had reset the SIM PIN to something I could remember and the new Mobley firmware did not like it.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

1 hour ago, Bill Joyce said:

Glad the reset worked for you, it messed up my Mobley so now I have the SIM in a Unite Explorer.  Once reset the Mobley would only run for 2 hours, plugged in,  and needed its PIN every time it restarted.  Amazon had free same day shipping on the Unite Explorer, which arrived about 6PM the day I got it.  It was supposed to be a new unit but was obviously a return with no manual and non--default SSID and passcode.  I suspect the problem was I had reset the SIM PIN to something I could remember and the new Mobley firmware did not like it.

Bill, which one did you get off Amazon? There are several with the least expensive at $60. How involved was it to make the swap? See any performance improvement?

My Mobley is working with the reset but now will only run 2 hours. Might do what you did. Do not want to go any further backwards as I did with the reset or jeopardize this great service from AT&T.

The Unite listed on Amazon for $60 is the older 770s model, not the newer Unite Explore 815s that Bill has. There's a significant performance jump between the two. I have both models, and the Explore 815s is definitely superior to the 770s.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I am seeing much better speeds on the Unite Explorer. (815s)  It is an LTE 9 class device and the Mobley is an LTE 3 class device, so it supports more LTE bands.  The cheaper on Amazon, but not by much at around $130, Unite Pro is an LTE 4 class device and is missing LTE bands that the AT&T uses today.  I got the 815s for about $160 with a $10 off coupon and had same day free Prime delivery here in the Phoenix area. 

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

There are used and refurbished Unite Explore's on eBay starting at $100. I bought mine from a well rated vendor that was offering a remanned Explore at $70 with an optional $70/mo unlimited data plan. The data plan was not required to buy the Explore. He only had a few left when I got mine, and I don't see his ad listed right now. I didn't take his data plan since my intention was to use the Mobley SIM.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

4 hours ago, bigbillsd said:

I moved my Mobley SIM to a netgear MR1100 Router.  Works great and it even has an Ethernet port if you want to hook it directly into a LAN.  -Bill

https://kb.netgear.com/000060410/What-cellular-bands-are-supported-by-MR1100-Nighthawk-M1-Mobile-Router to show you which model you need to make this work.  Don't get a non-US model off Ebay or somewhere else, since only the NAS models have the proper LTE bands for AT&T.  (My Unite Explorer tells me the band being used in the details and I am using Band 2 here in Mesa AZ, which only the North America models support.)

Archived