Engineering Research Project

uiucstudent

Hello,

I am currenlty working on a Mechanical Engineering project focused on creating new trailer tire wheels. I am performing some preliminary market research and need some help. I have attached a link at the bottom to a short survey ( 5-10 min ). If you have the time, please fill it out. If you have any specific comments about the survey, or any ideas about new trailer tires, please feel free to message me directly. Thank you so much for your help.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSelc8f2Cxx3NkrVTPk3SU9FmopwyelsoLoWGHMrreD6WhyK2g/viewform?usp=sf_link 

At least one airless tire design is presently being used(has been for at least 10 years) on equipment in salvage yards where there is a lot of small pieces of metal lying around to cause a flat.

I remember years ago I saw that picture of a wheel being considered for automobiles, I forget the reasons it was not feasible-at that time.

edit: I do remember one reason it was not feasible, driving through mud. Mud would enter the webbing and cause a severe out-of-balance condition.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived