Replacement for GL-MT300 Travel Router

SWharton

I need to replace the GL-MT300 Travel Router I use with my Mobley. I remember having a difficult time getting the GL setup with the Mobley a few years ago. Is there anything better(inexpensive) to replace the GL with? My problem is the internal power plug is flaky. Thanks

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

I need to replace the GL-MT300 Travel Router I use with my Mobley. I remember having a difficult time getting the GL setup with the Mobley a few years ago. Is there anything better(inexpensive) to replace the GL with? My problem is the internal power plug is flaky. Thanks

Cannot help you on a replacement. But it leads me to a question you may be able to help me with.  How does one use a Router with a Mobley?

I too have a Mobley. Would a router allow one to use more than 5 devices with a Mobley?

The answer is yes. I am not a techy. You need to find a router that you can hook up with a USB. You can find the one I am asking about on Amazon, it is yellow. $20. I know there is an ASUS ruter also that you can use.

The instructions are not very good(they may have improved them), I have had a Mobley for 2 years or so. I think I had to make changes to my Mobley to get it to work. Fuzzy.... The people here will help you get hooked up.

The mobley only connects up to 5 devices, thats why I have a wifi router/bridge for mine.  I am actually in the market for a new router, am looking at the wifiranger core.  It will connect two different wifi sources at the same time, which i good becaue i have a mobley and a tmo hotspot as a secondary source.

I use the WiFi Ranger Go AC.  Been using it for about a year now and it is AWESOME.  This is so that if my Mobley is weaker then CG or other WiFi networks that I get.  I can also plug in my IPhone to it and use it as a hot spot also.  It is so much easier just to connect to one devise that connects 4-8 of my devices.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

The GL-MT300v2 is $19.99 on Amazon and should work just as well as the version 1 unit.  But  suspect it will still take some fiddling to get it working via USB.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

It took some fiddling, I think on the Mobley side the last time so it should be plug and play this time. I was hoping for a better solution. Right now, it is working fine but if I look at it cross-eyed it may stop.

If nothing shows up on the thread today I'll go order a new one and have it as a spare.

15 hours ago, dartmouth01 said:

The mobley only connects up to 5 devices, thats why I have a wifi router/bridge for mine.  I am actually in the market for a new router, am looking at the wifiranger core.  It will connect two different wifi sources at the same time, which i good becaue i have a mobley and a tmo hotspot as a secondary source.

My Mobley does 4 devices and no more. It has one device listed as blocked but checking and unchecking that box makes no difference. Have not figured out how to de- list the blocked device which I think would give back the 5 allowed.

7 hours ago, Dick N said:

My Mobley does 4 devices and no more. It has one device listed as blocked but checking and unchecking that box makes no difference. Have not figured out how to de- list the blocked device which I think would give back the 5 allowed.

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

It will set everything back to "just out of the box" status. It does nothing regarding the plan you're on and AT&T doesn't even know you did it. The password will be the original default password.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

6 hours ago, Dick N said:

No, for fear of messing up something and losing this great deal. However, if it is perfectly safe, will try it. Will it change the password?

Yes.  Look at the sticker on your Mobley.  It shows the factory password.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

4 hours ago, rynosback said:

Yes.  Look at the sticker on your Mobley.  It shows the factory password.

Did the reset and it did something cause now I cannot access the WiFi Manager. Says “wrong password”. Tried password off bottom of Mobley and my old password.

Found the Admin password and now can access the WiFi manager. Also, now have all 5 devices available. So reset fixed that problem. However: after setting time out to the max of 2 hours, it now shuts off instead of staying on indefinitely as before. Maybe one of the automatic updates will correct it.

All is fine now. Have 5 devices available and this morning Mobley has been humming along just fine.

Think I hijacked this thread from the original so apologize for that. Thanks to Dutch and rynosback for the tip which did ultimately solve my issue.

Archived