New Member- need advice on nation wide fitness clubs

Donna

I believe this topic was discussed either here or on IRV2 previously and I believe the answer was none. Most fitness clubs are in large population areas and most full time RVers tend to shy away from cities. Most of us walk or bike, some campgrounds(resort type) may have an exercise room. 

6 hours ago, SWharton said:

I believe this topic was discussed either here or on IRV2 previously and I believe the answer was none. Most fitness clubs are in large population areas and most full time RVers tend to shy away from cities. Most of us walk or bike, some campgrounds(resort type) may have an exercise room. 

Well.....that's not really how it was answered at all. There were many opinions from this thread including someone who echoed the above comments. Here is a LINK to the recent question that I had posted. I got some good answers back from the group.

We have gone to several 9 round gyms and YMCA.  If you join a YMCA most will except that membership for entry on a temporary basis.  But I think they have 5 levels of YMCAs that can play a factor also.  Hope this helps.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

7 hours ago, SWharton said:

I looked at the link Don and it did not address the question from the OP. A NATIONWIDE fitness club. The small towns we generally are in don't have any fitness club, community centers or Ys.

But if you are camped in the outer suburbs so as to visit sights in a city you can often buy a day pass to whatever club is there.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We just checked into our winter site in North Ft. Myers.  Planet Fitness just opened a new site in a small shopping center close to us.  They take the Silver Sneakers pass so we will be visiting their facility for free until April, thanks to our managed Medicare insurance.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

10 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

They take the Silver Sneakers pass so we will be visiting their facility for free until April, thanks to our managed Medicare insurance.

Silver Sneakers isn't a benefit that is specifically related to "managed Medicare insurance" plans (aka Medicare Advantage).  Silver Sneakers is a benefit that comes from the insurance carrier, not the type of plan.  We have standard Medigap Plan F supplements and get the Silver Sneakers benefit from it through Humana.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived