Is it safe?

TheDuke

I am on a metered connection by choice, so the Oct update is just sitting there. I've time for the next two days to actually do the update.

So, I am thinking about the movie Marathon Man and the question that Laurence Olivier asked repeatedly of Dustin Hoffman.

"is it safe?"

"is it safe?"

Duke,

I have been doing them all along and got some files moved but still there with the first. The article referenced above by Linda shows the uncertainty of the past month.

I have stayed up to date. and notice no big fails at this time.

However, today brings a serious Adobe Flash zero day using word documents. For Windows 10 users the Flash updates come with Windows updates.

Weighing the damage versus the risk I have downloaded today's updates and will install them in a moment.

Here's my thinking, there is a chance the Flash update will infect many folks who don't know about the zero day. And Microsoft's problems with updates may or may not be over. So since none of then damaged my Intel or AMD machines so far, I am updating out of cycle today as soon as I finish this. I had Lasik eye surgery yesterday and have to go in for my 24 hour checkup but will check in later to let you know if my systems were hurt. I now have complete data and image backups again I do before any Monthly Windows updates so I can revert, or reset clean and in less than a day be back up and running.

So check that article I am posting next.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 11/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, Kirk W said:

As you do this, be careful which of the "experts" advice you choose to listen to.  😏

Kirk,

That  is a cowardly thing to do, create FUD then act as if it is OK to scare people but not name them. I would ask the admins if poisoning the well and creating doubt is accceptable here.

You spent several years attacking me here and complaining about Microsoft. Then you made a big deal about getting Apple Mac computers from your kids and acted as if after all your FUD about calling others experts, and you were leaving MS and hated them were culminating in your finally quitting Windows. We thought you were done. Then kept up your trolling of Windows threads here. Every member here remembers them. So I will ask you to name the people you are warning against. Is it CNET authors or someone posting here? If it is against the rules to attack the person not the content then your innuendo causes all who post here to be doubted. Must also apply to the RV threads here too huh.

Sowing discontent is not the behavior of a SKP leader or one who has knowledge. Try to follow the golden rule - Love your neighbor - no exceptions.

If you have angst about me or any member, either name the exact gripe not innuendo, or take it into email or PM. But this behavior is totally beneath the person you claim to be. If you can't drink you would poison the well for others?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived