Sign in to follow this  
jimd40

wanted a small pu set up to iow 4 wheels down

wanted small pickup to tow 4 down under 5000 lbs   well be towing with a class c  aspect  thanks   jim

As far as  pickups to tow 4 down are kind of limited these days, and under 5,000 lbs. Tacoma's are no longer towable 4 down. The frontier is towable if you get the manual tranny setup. The best one I think was the Ford Ranger (4,400 lbs) with the manual tranny. Just add a base plate and a ready brake unit and away you go. The problem is, Rangers haven't been made since 2012, but there's a lot of them out there. And the newer ones that might or might not be coming out are well, who knows.

The GMC Canyon and its twin the Chevy Colorado are towable in 4x4 models with 2 speed transfer case and Neutral setting. While towing 4 down there is No speed limit, no time limit or other restrictions and in the older models I'm familiar with no need to turn the key on while towing (no steering wheel lock). Not sure if the newer models have changed any of that, check the current Motorhome Mag dinghy towing guide for the latest.

These 2 mid size pickups (Canyon & Colorado) weigh about 4000 lbs depending on options. I've been towing my 2005 Canyon for 13 yrs behind my class A MH. its the perfect towed for me.

Edited by JRP