Quartzsite speed trap

cactus

The speed limit is posted, yes?
There are additional signs to remind you of your speed, to compare with the speed limit, yes? 

Exactly which part of that is a "trap"?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Could not agree more with all that is being posted.

Phil, it is not a trap just a certain length of distance and yes I am happy to see them enforcing this. My statement should have been an alert to watch the new signs reminding people of there current speed.

I stand corrected for my bad grammar.

7 hours ago, Big5er said:

The speed limit is posted, yes?
There are additional signs to remind you of your speed, to compare with the speed limit, yes? 

Exactly which part of that is a "trap"?

Last week we drove through Q twice in 31 hours on a cannon-ball run from Last Chance Peak to Willcox AZ and return........both times we drove through the Q from I-10 to 95 North the Red & Blue lights were flashing......and .....NO I did not get pinched .......

With that many Red & Blu Flashers on hard to hide the.......Trap.

Drive on.........(Enjoy the Q-view.........sloooowly)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Q is just one of those SW Desert wide spots in the road where "Deplorables" tend to hang-out..... LTVA was the original draw but now Q has morphed into......."Q"......$orta Roadwarerior-dive-for-geezer-Deplorables......not a good fit for folks that have clean garages with neatly organized cabinets and shelving....

Drive on.......( Q.......NOT for ...... everyone)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Ummm...No Doubt, "Q" is not for everyone but during the RV Tent Event, 10's of thousands of RV'ers could/may have a different view of the place, even those with the most organized of garages besides the ones with extraordinary rigs! Just my observation from many years of going to "Q".

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

We once saw a picture of Q in full swing . 

That was close enough for us .

And , we do our best to obey any posted speeds . It seems that out of state plates are an attention magnet , maybe because traffic stops of folks 'not from around here' gets the message across without egging the locals . 

Goes around , comes around .

32 minutes ago, acampingwewillgo said:

Ummm...No Doubt, "Q" is not for everyone but during the RV Tent Event, 10's of thousands of RV'ers could/may have a different view of the place, even those with the most organized of garages besides the ones with extraordinary rigs! Just my observation from many years of going to "Q".

x2.  I spent a lot of time in La Posa South each winter in my very well organized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van and in our Winnebago rigs, even before and after January's big sale. I liked the peace there with all the local restaurants and the ability to dump and fill plus ditch trash included in the cheap price. I just wish those who don't like it would stop denigrating it for those who might like it if they weren't scared off first.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 minutes ago, sandsys said:

x2.  I spent a lot of time in La Posa South each winter in my very well organized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van and in our Winnebago rigs, even before and after January's big sale. I liked the peace there with all the local restaurants and the ability to dump and fill plus ditch trash included in the cheap price. I just wish those who don't like it would stop denigrating it for those who might like it if they weren't scared off first.

Linda Sand

Don't they say, "if you haven't been to Silly Al's, you haven't had Pizza"   LoL 🙂

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

6 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Linda Sand

Linda , 

I can't believe you're wishing for a one sided view .

Opinions and experience(s) make 'reviews' worthwhile .

2 minutes ago, acampingwewillgo said:

Don't they say, "if you haven't been to Silly Al's, you haven't had Pizza"   LoL 🙂

I like Silly Al's but I like Sweet Darlene's better--if you have the patience to wait for slow service.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Linda , 

I can't believe you're wishing for a one sided view .

Opinions and experience(s) make 'reviews' worthwhile .

Telling me about your experience there is different from just saying I wouldn't go. Q is a big place so, yes, you can find ratty rigs but they are the minority in my experience. Many brand owners' clubs meet there. Many Escapee classes and BoF's meet there. Many specialty groups like ATV riders meet there. Obviously, lots of people find Q a worthwhile place to go. So, if you want to say you wouldn't go there I'd prefer you include your why so people can see if your why would or would not apply to them.

Linda

7 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Telling me about your experience there is different from just saying I wouldn't go. Q is a big place so, yes, you can find ratty rigs but they are the minority in my experience. Many brand owners' clubs meet there. Many Escapee classes and BoF's meet there. Many specialty groups like ATV riders meet there. Obviously, lots of people find Q a worthwhile place to go. So, if you want to say you wouldn't go there I'd prefer you include your why so people can see if your why would or would not apply to them.

Linda

I guess the idea of way too many folks in one place kind of slipped by your perception of why we don't bother with Q . 

Anyway , that is the reason . We avoid crowds , just like we avoid cities and freeways , if we can . ;)

We also avoid crowds, cities, freeways and interstates.  However, Quartzsite is an 'experience'. :)  We go to be with a specific BOF Escapees group.  During our 2-week free stay we go into town once to see if anything is there to buy that we don't already have.  The rest of the time we're doing things with our group of 100+ rigs.  We have a white board and folks post what they want to do that day. Those that want to do the same show up and it happens.  It can be hiking, biking, 4-wheeling, boating, craft-making, quilting, mini-seminars on just about anything, RV maintenance help, solar help, etc.  There's a happy hour daily and many mornings of pancake breakfasts. Some evenings a movie is projected on the outside of a RV and chair are lined up. There is a campfire with music.  There's a very profitable auction with donations to Escapees' CARE program.

There are many types of specialized groups that meet up once a year and do things together. It's a place to renew friendships.  It's not all about the vendors in town.

A photo or a drive-through can't begin to give you the 'experience'.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

We also avoid crowds, cities, freeways and interstates.  However, Quartzsite is an 'experience'. :)  We go to be with a specific BOF Escapees group.  During our 2-week free stay we go into town once to see if anything is there to buy that we don't already have.  The rest of the time we're doing things with our group of 100+ rigs.  We have a white board and folks post what they want to do that day. Those that want to do the same show up and it happens.  It can be hiking, biking, 4-wheeling, boating, craft-making, quilting, mini-seminars on just about anything, RV maintenance help, solar help, etc.  There's a happy hour daily and many mornings of pancake breakfasts. Some evenings a movie is projected on the outside of a RV and chair are lined up. There is a campfire with music.  There's a very profitable auction with donations to Escapees' CARE program.

There are many types of specialized groups that meet up once a year and do things together. It's a place to renew friendships.  It's not all about the vendors in town.

A photo or a drive-through can't begin to give you the 'experience'.

What they said.^^^^^  But if you are not into boondocking, the place is probably not for you.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

7 minutes ago, pjstough said:

But if you are not into boondocking, the place is probably not for you.

While I agree and am one of those who really don't care for that event, even so, it is so unique that every serious RV owner should see it at least one time. And the best time is during the "big tent" event.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived