Pigeon Forge

solo318

As Jim says. Understand Pigeon Ford and that area has heavy traffic so during the week traveling much better than weekend.  Christmas Day might be bit crowded but doable. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

22 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Not following hwy 339.  Off of I-40 we usually take 66 to Sevierville and 441 to Pigeon Forge.

20 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

What direction are you coming in from?  I have been to that area twice this year.  I am familiar with TN RT-139 and US RT 338, but not sure about any RT-339

I'm coming from Florida, I95 to I26 to I40. so That would add a substantial amount of mileage. Is it worth it? Also 339 seems to bring me in off the main drag.

I've not been on 339, but from spending a lot of time in that area in past years that definitely cuts through some hilly parts.  We used that same I-40 exit to run 321 into Gatlinburg on the motorcycles last year.  It was a lot of fun on the motorcycles.  If I were coming in from the east I'd use 411, it runs through a (relatively) flatter part of the area and drops you right into Sevierville to pickup the parkway to wherever you are going.  That said, assuming you are a skilled driver any STATE route should not be too much of a challenge.  Stay off the local roads with the full rig.

I always take 66 off 40. There is a Bass Pro shop on that exit . We always stop there for p break and stretch our legs before heading into town. Sometimes we take 441 to Knoxville when we leave but we always come in from the north.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

There are some state routes in that area where you don't want to take a camper, much less a long one.  US 129 comes to mind.......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

There are some state routes in that area where you don't want to take a camper, much less a long one.  US 129 comes to mind.......

I stand corrected.  That one was REAL fun on the motorcycle trip last year!  However my detailer has been giving me grief for grinding all the chrome off the bottoms of the pipes on my full dress Harley.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, solo318 said:

I'm coming from Florida, I95 to I26 to I40. so That would add a substantial amount of mileage. Is it worth it? Also 339 seems to bring me in off the main drag.

Okay, now I see what route you are talking about.  US-339 turns into a State Route (SR) it looks like just before it reaches P-Forge.  I looked it up on my Trucker's Atlas and it is a designated highway all the way to P-Forge so according to the Feds a commercial truck-tractor-trailer combination can go that way so there would be no reason why you can't.

I can't recall what time frame you were talking about.  Obviously the winter months are never a good time to visit the mountains in a large RV, IMHO.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

• Phil D changed the title to Pigeon Forge

Archived