Caravan to Mexico?

Daniel2

16 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

If you aren't interested in going to Mexico, don't go.  Why waste the time arguing with others who have been going down there for years and are perfectly comfortable doing so? We have some friends who bought a place down there a few years ago and have just gained resident status to live down there permanently.  They are not stupid people, and have chosen to live there knowing all of the facts. 

My wife and I are taking a birding trip to Columbia (the country in South America) next spring. Half of the people that I've mentioned it to are shocked and tell me that they'd NEVER consider going there.  My response is "I understand that you're not interested in visiting Columbia. But we are looking forward to our trip."  That's it.  No need to argue or try to convince them otherwise.  

Unless you just like to argue...

You will be surprised at Colombia.i was in Bogota last christmas and Medellin for NYs with friends family. Modern and clean, you can even drink the water. Even the countryside looks nothing like the rest of Latin America

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

Yes Columbia is a very good price choice I have been traveling Columbia for the last nine years and Frank countered no problem at all the way through the Ecuadorian border.

we travel with a group of nine RVs following the Pan-American Highway all the way through Columbia and it seem to be a favorite of all the people traveling one comment that the Tourist make about Columbia is it is the one country that the policeman is your friend.  Lots of help from the different placement throughout the country while traveling through.

5 hours ago, telcoman said:

You will be surprised at Colombia.i was in Bogota last christmas and Medellin for NYs with friends family. Modern and clean, you can even drink the water. Even the countryside looks nothing like the rest of Latin America.

We are birders and very much looking forward to our first visit to Columbia.  There are more bird species in Columbia than any other county in the world. Amazing given its size.

32 minutes ago, tropicaltraveler said:

Yes Columbia is a very good price choice I have been traveling Columbia for the last nine years and Frank countered no problem at all the way through the Ecuadorian border.

we travel with a group of nine RVs following the Pan-American Highway all the way through Columbia and it seem to be a favorite of all the people traveling one comment that the Tourist make about Columbia is it is the one country that the policeman is your friend.  Lots of help from the different placement throughout the country while traveling through.

We've been to the end of the Pan-American Highway in Yaviza and taken a boat from there further into the Darian.  How are you getting across the Darian Gap, or are you RV'ing "up" from South America?

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels